hawk engine conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hawk engine conversion

This car was on my bucket list. I admired a studebaker hawk for years as a child and always wanted one. Now I have 1 and at times I get frustrated. I was looking around all the stuff that came with a parts hawk I purchased and found a complete engine gasket kit. I will take this as a sign. I will keep the hawk running knowing any repairs and improvement will transfer to a new 289 stude engine I will build. The parts car will help me complete my hawk and perhaps I can swap an engine in it someday.
    I have some skills and long ago swapped a small block into a 1950 plymouth coupe it took years and was never quite right but it was ok and someone may still be driving it.

K-Hawk,

One word of advice! PICTURES!! take lots of pictures of the running car and if you come across some other Studes take pictures of their setup also. Those pictures will come in handy when your trying to remember how it went together. Just a little BTDT.
    Dan

Comment

I agree with Dan, you can never have enough pictures. If you don't have a digital camera, pick one up - you don't have to purchase an expensive one to do the job. I use web based photo services like Photobucket (just copy and send the album link for anyone to see) and snapfish (easy to buy photo products from) and other ones that are available and easy to use.
      current project-
      Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
      64 Champ long bed V8
      55/53 Studebaker President S/R
      53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

Working...
      X