Eye Candy 12/29/11: 55 E7 pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye Candy 12/29/11: 55 E7 pickup

Grimsby Museum event 2010; truck's based in Port Dover, quite a distance away, but the owner, a longtime Hamilton Chapter member, brings it to many events in the Hamilton area anyway...

S.

Good looking truck with a very nice color! Great whitewalls!!
    1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Very interesting treatment of the hub caps. I love the color especially with the wood rails along the bed.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Love the truck, but want the wagon behind it!

Comment

Nice looking truck. Love the color.
          Rog
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

That is a great looking truck,and almost looks like all 3 Studes are the same color ?
            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Half-ton trucks of that era could be ordered with whitewalls, but were rarely so equipped. I like them, but a lot of "real" truckers look down their noses at anyone who puts whitewalls on a truck. Will be buying new rubber for my 3R6 in the spring, and am undecided about whether I should spring for whitewalls. Opinions?
              Skip Lackie

Comment

Beautiful pickup. I like the color, trim and the white walls. The hubcaps are different. I would have to see them myself to decide if I would do that.
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
                  Half-ton trucks of that era could be ordered with whitewalls, but were rarely so equipped. I like them, but a lot of "real" truckers look down their noses at anyone who puts whitewalls on a truck. Will be buying new rubber for my 3R6 in the spring, and am undecided about whether I should spring for whitewalls. Opinions?
                  Skip, I doubt that I would qualify as a "real" trucker, but for the most part I think trucks look better with blackwalls. Of course, I also like the Scotsman/Standard/Challenger style of cars with little or no chrome and blackwalls as well.
                  Mark Hayden
                  '66 Commander

Comment

Working...
                  X