PDA

View Full Version : Studebaker Vendors

BubbaBear
12-28-2011, 09:08 PM
Looking over some files as I placed a parts order this afternoon I was again struck by how fortunate we are to have so many parts still available to us. But I was also reminded that in every case I was impressed with the quality, service and integrity of every vendor and individual I did business with. Not once have I felt cheated or taken advantage of. I truthfully do not think very many other car clubs can say this.

63t-cab
12-28-2011, 09:22 PM
I 2nd that.

JimsLeadCommander
12-29-2011, 01:51 AM
Keep up the good and honest help guys, thanks!

raprice
12-29-2011, 08:45 AM
I have to totally agree with you. In general, Studebaker folks are a bunch of people. I've always had good service from the Stude parts vendors I've dealt with.
Even my wife, who really isn't a car hobbiest, said to me that her favorite group is our local Studebaker club.
Rog

mausersmth
12-29-2011, 10:15 AM
Jay Leno once said that the key to parts availability is that the cars get driven! I am grateful that the founders named this the Studebaker Driver's Club, and we are encouraged to get out on the road with our treasures.

True, in this day and age, most Studes are 'hobby cars' and are pulled out of the garage on special occasions, but there are still a few of us nutty enough to want one (or more) in daily service.

Some wonderful folks have stepped up to make sure we get the parts we need, and I too, wish to thank them.

STEWDI
12-29-2011, 02:26 PM
For sure!! PLUS, we have, as Charles alluded to, an amazing club magazine, Turning Wheels, with much appreciated contributors and enthusiasts like "CoolBeans" Palma, Fred "Feature" Fox, Richard "Artie Que" Quinn, "Tailgating" Matt, Clell Ballard, Jim Pepper, and more than I can thank at one time (and I do hereby declare that I wish to thank all who contribute). AND we are so lucky to have people like Art Unger and Ann Turner, former editor Linda Fox, and the many, many years of service of Larry Swanson. All of you are THE BEST. THANK YOU!!

Getting back on track a little more to the vendor suject that began this thread, we sure are lucky that Studebaker closed down vehicle manufacturing at a time when the antique car hobby (now a real industry) was widely recognized. The contents of Studebaker parts warehouses (as well as the contents of many a dealership parts department) were sold into the hobby, and not trucked to a recycler as was the case with AMC, I understand. No big war-type scrap drives have taken away our still-in-the-box Stude parts, either. Also, thanks for the hard work, vision and determination of Ed Renolds Jr. for our current (and hopefully long-lasting) enviable Studebaker parts position. And guys like Tom Karciwitz...Karkiewiez... Kar... Tom of Mulberry Farms!! And many others - Don Simmons, the Meyers', Bill Fennesy, our late friend Phil, Bill Cathcart, Ernie Loga, Jim Turner - you know who they are. Thanks, all of you!

Yeah, "moth and rust doth corrupt", but we can pray that Studebaker upholstery tastes the worst and that Studebaker metal stuff (and especially front fenders) will take on oxygen-deflecting qualities. And that we continue to have great people looking after us (the world in general and SDC'rs in particular).