• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker is coming back!!!!

http://www.studebakermotorcompany.com/home/home/
    1948 M15A-20 Flatbed Truck Rescue
    See rescue progress here on this blog:
    http://studem15a-20.blogspot.com/

Oh NO! What are they PRETENDING to sell this time, another re-labeled Korean mini-Car?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Amazing! I could hear StudeRich sigh all the way over here in Minnesota!!
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Ok clue in the newbie here, ???

Its some fake crud right ?

How can they use the Studebaker name ?

Dean.

Comment

I think this is the same tool that came around a few years back trying to sell Stude people some foreign three-wheeled roach. Made a big thing about wanting to revive the Studebaker name because of the love of the previous company. His site was nearly illiterate. He was looking for somebody to volunteer to take over his marketing. Looks like the same guy found someone who could make a website.
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Rich is right.

This site is over a year old and, if you explore it, you will see this:

QUOTE:
            STEP ONE, Introduction of the Scooter: We have been in close communications with several scooter manufacturing companies for several years, and believe the best way to learn about something is to personally see it ourselves. That being the case, we are planning a trip to Asia (China and India) to personally interview motor scooter manufacturers to see how they make them. After which, we will return to the USA and locate our best-case scenario for manufacturing scooters on American soil. Our scooters will be trademarked “Kahuna.” Studebaker will either manufacure[sic], or cause to manufacure[sic] (we will assemble) gas and electric scooters from Kahuna Trading Company Inc. At the moment, the plan is to purchase 50cc, 125cc and 250cc scooters, and electric scooters, and soon thereafter, "motorcycles".
            Eventually, we'd like to see American companies manufacture scooter parts. However, in the beginning, most of the parts will most likely come from China, Twaiwan and India. Once parts are made, the scooters will be shipped unassembled to assembly plants in the USA, for final assembly. After which they will flow through a distribution system into a Dealer network throughout North America. We welcome Dealers in North America to join us.
            Again, Kahuna scooters will bear the Kahuna brand name and trademark. END QUOTE

Half the time they can't even spell manufacture. Someone pass me a beer. I'm bored.
            Last edited by rockne10; 12-27-2011, 08:31 PM.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Hey Brad, don't get bored, get out your credit card!

Buy a Collectable Commemorative Certificate for $49.99 (Disclosure: Artistic and collectable certificate only, not a stock or securities certificate and not attached to current or future profits of the company).
              We will print, market and sell two separate collectable commemorative certificates. The first will say, "STUDEBAKER, A Time Honored Name, A New Company for the Future" and the second certificate will say, "Out to build the best vehicle on the road." Both certificates will be limited production, numbered and signed by current President & CEO of Studebaker Motor Company, RW Reed. The price is $49.99 each. You may send check, cashier's check or money order to our mailing address (click on "Contact Us").

Obviously, you'll want in on that!

Oh, the stones some people have! LOL
              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
              Romans 15:13
              Deuteronomy 31:6
              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by dean pearson View Post

How can they use the Studebaker name ?

Dean.
                That's something I've often thought about when "new" things come up, as in marketing. The way I understand it, after a business is defunct after so many years, the name is up for grabs and anybody can "buy" the name or just inherit it. HOWEVER, the Studebaker name gets complicated. Have you ever looked at the bottom of a toy Studebaker? Typically the box will be marked "Used with permission from the Studebaker National Museum" or something like that. So, to my knowledge, the SNM owns the right to the name but that's where they loose me. Studebaker didn't actually "go out of business" in the traditional way most people think of, they just exited the car manufacturing busiess and still exist today as Studebaker-Worthington. So, wouldn't Studebaker-Worthington own the rights to the name? Did S-W sell the name to the SNM? I really don't know the fine details of that.
                Chris Dresbach

Comment

Yes they are some computer nerds that claim to own the name, they have advertised Motorcycles, Motorcycle Parts, a line of re-named Korean Cars or two, and their first creation was a line of restyled Larks, Hawks etc. that were just drawings and appeared to be available, though NOT! Maybe their thing is to keep up the Web Presence so that some day they could actually produce something, I don't know.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Somebody has been smoking some good mota!
                    Lou Van Anne
                    62 Champ
                    64 R2 GT Hawk
                    79 Avanti II

Comment

Something should be done about it if it is illegal ?

Dean.
                      Last edited by showbizkid; 12-28-2011, 08:04 PM.

Comment

It's not illegal.

Let's just not be dupable.
                        Brad Johnson,
                        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Some fun could be had by someone pretending to be a wealthy investor and Studebaker affectionado looking to .............
                          sigpic

Comment

Note it said "My Dream" my Dad said once "Dream in one hand and crap in the other and see what one fills up the fasest"

Comment

I posted it just for jollies. It is obviously another site of poo. Just goes to show ya that one should be critical of what one finds on the Internets...
                              1948 M15A-20 Flatbed Truck Rescue
                              See rescue progress here on this blog:
                              http://studem15a-20.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X