How About A Virtual Car Show HERE This Winter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How About A Virtual Car Show HERE This Winter

I have a crazy idea...How about we agree right now that on February 11, 2012 it's a virtual car show here on the forum.

I have been practicing posting photos and if I can do it we all can. We can look forward to a virtual hotel (mine has a bar and hot room service). We can all joke around about where we are and what we did all day at the resort. Check in from time to time and most importantly post a ton of photos. If this works even cars that don't run will be at the show. Some members who can't travel will still be at the show. I like the idea and I really like the guy who thought of it. I'll be here....chime in. You can arrive early that week if you want, but the room rate is only good for Saturday!
    Last edited by jg61hawk; 12-27-2011, 12:47 PM. Reason: spelling

interesting idea. I may be able to make it, but no guarantees as the wifes birthday is around that time.

I will say that I look forward to seeing what is posted.
    1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

What a wondrful idea! I am in!
      Just a few questions........will our door prizes and trophies be mailed to us?
      Or will only those who attend in person be eligible ??
      Will the show area be on the grass or in a parking lot? We need to know this for the photos.
      Or will you be placing in the cars in the appropriate areas as the photos come in.
      What is the earliest date we can submit photos. (Pre Registration????)
      Good Roads
      Brian
      PS
      Will there be an under constuction or unfinished area?
      Brian Woods
      woodysrods@shaw.ca
      1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Hey Woody it don't look like we'll be gettin the group rate!

Comment

Neat idea. Keep us posted. Course I have quite a few Studes I could send to this sort of meet; anyone in particular I should get in touch with so their car/truck can attend? :-)

S.

Comment

Originally posted by jg61hawk View Post
            How about we agree right now that on February 11, 2012 it's a virtual car show here on the forum.
            That day, I'll be at a Swap Meet in Lethbridge! Its the first old-car event of the season for me.

Craig

Comment

Is the intention to have everyone post their photos to one virtual car show thread? Or have everyone start their own photo post?
              Remember, we already have the "Members Pictures" forum, where the original intent was to post pictures only, no responses, no discussions.
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I say that the virtual host city should be South Bend, since I'm too much of a caso to get a virtual hotel room...
                Chris Dresbach

Comment

Too cold to get the car out and wash it. LOL

Comment

I assume we will be attending this virtual car show with our own Studebakers and not posting a lot of random pictures of other folks' cars.
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

WOW! Now I have another wash and detail to get done in Feb. That will be out of the norm for me.
                      Tom
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                        I assume we will be attending this virtual car show with our own Studebakers and not posting a lot of random pictures of other folks' cars.
                        I think this idea has merit...it could become an annual event...something to look forward to in the dead of winter. Won't we need some picture posting lessons first?...I know I need 'em.
                        Lou Van Anne
                        62 Champ
                        64 R2 GT Hawk
                        79 Avanti II

Comment

Yes I agree ...we post our own cars not all the Studebaker pictures we have stored away someplace !
                          Great idea
                          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

To be honest I didn't even know about the picture forum. I just envisioned a virtual meet day in the dead of winter. Some joking posts about a make believe hotel and yes pictures of our actual cars taken between now and then. Hey, I'm not married to the idea, it was just a thought. So I guess on the 11th of Feb. I will start a post called the car show and who ever wants to can join in, the rest of you can ..........not join in.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
                              I think this idea has merit...it could become an annual event...something to look forward to in the dead of winter. Won't we need some picture posting lessons first?...I know I need 'em.
                              I know I havent mastered the posting of pictures yet, I cant do anything but the thumbnails that you need to click on to enlarge. I like the full page posting of pictures some members do but Im missing something in doing it.
                              Tom
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X