I took the leap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took the leap.

I recently posted an inquiry about Hawk GT values. Well today I found out that the vehicle is a 1964 with 4 speed. Ser.no. 64V-I2807. I was preparred to offer 1500.00 but The wonderful, wonderful owner of the car said she was asking 500.00, so what could I do but oblige her. I will pick it up next week and let the bloodied knuckles and dirty finger nails begin, not to mention the grinding of the teeth, graying of the hair and over-all frustration. But hey thats why we have hobbies isn't it?

That could be a great find, as rare as they are. Just hoping that too much of it has not become iron oxide and returned to the earth!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Bring it to the show on Feb. 11, 2012....see my post on the virtual car show. You certainly can make it and it'll be your first with the new car. Best of luck. I just posted some old restoration photos under testing to post a photo. It took me about 1,000 hours but it was fun (just do a little each day).

Comment

yes post pictures we love pictures, especially of before during and after.

Mark

Comment

I'll get some pics up soon as I can. The ser. no. is 12807 not I2807 as I previosly posted. I t does have chrome valve covers is that an indication of an r1 engine. It also has the half vinyl top, any one know how many with this option were produced?

Comment

I think its just a 1964 but I could be mistaken. The engine serial number will tell us more. Pictures Please.
            Welcome to the forum
            Mabel 1949 Champion
            Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
            Gus 1958 Transtar
            The Prez 1955 President State
            Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
            Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
            Fresno,Ca

Comment

Originally posted by wiley View Post
              I'll get some pics up soon as I can. The ser. no. is 12807 not I2807 as I previosly posted. I t does have chrome valve covers is that an indication of an r1 engine. It also has the half vinyl top, any one know how many with this option were produced?
              You are correct on the serial number. Studebaker used an I for a 1.
              The chrome valve covers do NOT mean an R engine. Chrome dress up kits were available, for cheap ($9.95) after Studebaker's days. Post the stamped engine number and we will tell you what you have.
              There were only 1772 1964 Hawks. I would guess that about 20% (354) had vinyl tops. I think that you would have to go through all of the build sheets, or pay the SNM to do it, to find an exact number.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

With any luck,maybe someone put an R1 in there ?I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya !
                Originally posted by wiley View Post
                Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

It's not on the list as a JT car. Some one could have put one in .
                  Klif
                  55 Speedster/Street Machine
                  63 Avanti R2
                  64 Convertible R1

Comment

An interesting find, Michael, and it's apparently seen some alteration along the way: It was originally solid Horizon Green (no vinyl top), Green Cloth interior, and overdrive transmission...not 4-speed. Base engine, too; the standard 289 2-bbl; 210 HP.

Cool beans. Now get it running and let us see it! BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum and Good Luck with you Project.
                      Good Roads
                      Brian
                      Brian Woods
                      woodysrods@shaw.ca
                      1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

welcome, and good luck. I took the leap three years ago with a 63 GT and have had a good time with it. Mine was in great shape, but your's can be, too. The real experts (not me) are to be found here.
                        Jim K.
                        63 Hawk

Comment

Hey Mike...is that you??? Glad to hear you joined the family. Let me know when you get this thing to town because I want to see it. If you need any help let me know!

Steve

Comment

Hey Steve. It's me alright hard to think of anyone else with that name huh. The car is only about 2 miles away from me now. I am going to borrow a trailer and grab it next week. I'd like for you to look at it and fill me in on things a bit. Good to hear from ya.

Comment

Welcome!! I use latex glove I get from Harbor Freight. They are cheap and will keep your nails clean.
                              1948 M15A-20 Flatbed Truck Rescue
                              See rescue progress here on this blog:
                              http://studem15a-20.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X