Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Ft Collins Colorado Had a Studebaker-Packard dealer in 1956?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Ft Collins Colorado Had a Studebaker-Packard dealer in 1956?

Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Uptown Motors was a Studebaker dealer in Ft Collins, CO.
    I'm not sure if it was still active in 1956 though.

Michael Bostedt
    Gavle, Sweden

Comment

Conestoga's were popular. As was the color green for a car.
      Last edited by clonelark; 12-27-2011, 04:38 AM.
      101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

I guess they did, Dick; wow. 'Talk about apparent market penetration! BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hi

Perhaps, but the driver of that Starliner had to tell people who didn't like the way he drove to get off the sidewalk!

Steve

Comment

Cool picture. so if you parked at the curb you had to put money in the meter, but if you parked in the center spots it was free? If that's the case what are the Studes doing at the curb?
            TDITS The Dude In The Stude

Comment

In going through microfilm last year of the 1963 Fort Collins newspaper, I noticed a number of ads by the local Studebaker dealer advertising 1963 Larks. The dealer would often run an image of a Lark with the ad....probably taken from the 1963 Studebaker Dealer Advertising/Promotion Planner.

George

george krem

Comment

IS the gold/copper car with the white top heading up the street away from us too big to be a Hawk?
                KURTRUK
                (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

I'm probably not adding anything useful to the conversation, but the Movie playing came out in October, 1956--if that helps date the photo. Plus that 53/4 K in the lower right appears to be Maui Blue over Ivory Mist (same color as my car).
                  Dave Nevin
                  Corvallis, OR
                  1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
                  Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

Originally posted by TDITS View Post
                    Cool picture. so if you parked at the curb you had to put money in the meter, but if you parked in the center spots it was free? If that's the case what are the Studes doing at the curb?
                    May be there is an auto parts store in front of the one on the curb and owner is in getting some oil and going to change it right there, won't be the first time I have seen people changing oil in a parking lot of an auto parts store and since back then all parking was in front of stores one never knows.
                    Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

Neat! The Aggie theatre is still there today. I live on that same street, about sixty five miles north.

Comment

Originally posted by TDITS View Post
                        Cool picture. so if you parked at the curb you had to put money in the meter, but if you parked in the center spots it was free?
                        Yes, it's a college town... basic fairness scheme to compensate for the risk of being mosquito'd crossing the street.

Comment

Mmmmm..........would love to have that Clipper in the garage right now!
                          Paul
                          Winston-Salem, NC
                          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                          Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Working...
                          X