PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhhh........the January issue of Turning Wheels.......

fastfritz
12-26-2011, 05:20 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh.................I can smell the sweet smell of race fuel and burning rubber and can hear the faint whine of Paxton superchargers. The Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race issue of Turning Wheels hit the old mailbox over the weekend. Just the drag racing ~FIX~ needed for those of us in the middle of winter. Great writing by all who contributed, and awesome photos as well. I LOVED the cover shot with the 4 Studebakers lined up with the Staged Bulbs lit! The back cover shot is the clever reverse of the front cover. Also, well written is the three race coverage from Field Reporter Ted Harbit. I remember jogging next to Ted at PSMCDR between driving stints in the Red Tomato and Brown Wrapper offering to find him a oxygen tank. He not only RACES two cars, but can even REPORT from the driver's seat as well!

wise raymond
12-26-2011, 05:44 PM
how fast did the plain brown raper go and the stude tomato go for those who do not get turnig wheels so soon thank you yours studely raymond wise,

StudeDave57
12-26-2011, 06:03 PM
how fast did the plain brown raper go and the stude tomato go for those who do not get turnig wheels so soon thank you yours studely raymond wise,
A link to Bob's full report can be found here~

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?54668-Report-2011-Pure-Stock-Muscle-Car-Drag-Race

enjoy!!!

BobPalma
12-26-2011, 07:58 PM
UH-OH, Frank; better get out the Gas-X and/or Beano;
you've done spilled the beans! <GGG> BP

fastfritz
12-27-2011, 07:57 PM
UH-OH, Frank; better get out the Gas-X and/or Beano;
you've done spilled the beans! <GGG> BP

As long as they are COOL beans, right Bob??? :cool: :cool: :cool:

BobPalma
12-27-2011, 09:49 PM
As long as they are COOL beans, right Bob??? :cool: :cool: :cool:

'Good one, Frank...and they would indeed be cool beans if they had been neutered by Gas-X! <GGG> BP

JRoberts
12-28-2011, 06:16 AM
Well, I wonder when I'll get to read this issue.....

fastfritz
12-28-2011, 07:23 AM
Well, I wonder when I'll get to read this issue.....

Oddly enough, I usually seem to get my issue of TW about 1-2 weeks after the discussion begins here on the board about said issue. It's nice to get one of the first ones off the line for a change instead of feeling like I'm reading yesterday's news!!

BobPalma
12-28-2011, 08:39 AM
Oddly enough, I usually seem to get my issue of TW about 1-2 weeks after the discussion begins here on the board about said issue. It's nice to get one of the first ones off the line for a change instead of feeling like I'm reading yesterday's news!!

Maybe they revised the mailing procedure after the big October-issue shake-up, Frank.

I got my January Turning Wheels today (December 28), which I consider a couple days early, too. BP

warrlaw1
12-28-2011, 08:40 AM
That should bring back some warm memories. My copy should be here in a couple of weeks. It will be a nice read when I get back from Acapulco:)

4961Studebaker
12-28-2011, 08:44 AM
Received mine yesterday.

Really like the artwork (4 pictures)

studegary
12-28-2011, 01:13 PM
Maybe they revised the mailing procedure after the big October-issue shake-up, Frank.

I got my January Turning Wheels today (December 28), which I consider a couple days early, too. BP

They were mailed six days late, which is about what they have been running.