PDA

View Full Version : Hotel/Motel alternatives?

Bob Andrews
12-26-2011, 05:04 AM
Host hotel shows $199/night plus $9/night parking. Can't see spending that much for a room, especially considering the meet takes place at the FG.

What alternatives do you all recommend in the area? I just need a room, not a resort:)

JRoberts
12-26-2011, 06:14 AM
I thought the offical site says $115 per night plus the $9 for parking. If the $199 is correct I can't afford that either. I plan to call tomorrow.

Bob Andrews
12-26-2011, 09:20 AM
I just tried it again and came up with: one bed, 2 people, non-smoking, for 7/31, 8/1, 8/2, with AAA discount, $179. Changes each time I try. Didn't see anything about a SDC discount, so if there is one that will make a difference.

In each case, it's tough to swallow the parking fee; not the cost, but the concept.

mlepay
12-26-2011, 09:27 AM
Host hotel shows $199/night plus $9/night parking. Can't see spending that much for a room, especially considering the meet takes place at the FG.

What alternatives do you all recommend in the area? I just need a room, not a resort:)

The rate should be 115 I will follow up with hotel later today

Mike Lepay
Meet co-chair

mlepay
12-27-2011, 09:19 AM
Bob,

I checked with DoubleTree and the SDC rate is $115 per night.

If you are doing this on-line thru their reservation page you need to put in a Group Code of 'SDC'.

If you are calling tell them you are wanting the Studebaker Drivers Club or SDC rate.

I have a call back into them to check on the parking cost, as I forgot to ask about that if that was included as part of the rate.

Thanks

Mike Lepay
Meet Co-Chair

mlepay
12-27-2011, 11:13 AM
Bob,

I have confirmed that the SDC rate is $115 and it includes the parking..

Hope this helps!

Bob Andrews
12-27-2011, 05:12 PM
Mr. Lepay-

I appreciate your response. Just checking the dates on the site was where I got those prices. The $115 makes a lot more sense.

Thank you for clearing that up!

JRoberts
12-27-2011, 07:25 PM
Made my reservations today with no problems. Thanks for the information, "Mickey." It made decision making much easier.

Green53
12-27-2011, 10:30 PM
Has anything been worked out with Century Center for parking? Looking for cheaper options than the $9 for folks who want to attend any meetings or events at the host hotel. I have been asked this question and couldn't give them an answer

Denny L

mlepay
12-28-2011, 06:15 AM
Has anything been worked out with Century Center for parking? Looking for cheaper options than the $9 for folks who want to attend any meetings or events at the host hotel. I have been asked this question and couldn't give them an answer

Denny L

Denny,

Century Center parking is going to be available for the week for SDC members and wil lbe over flow parking for the parade to downtown from the Fairgrounds for Fun Night.

If you have reservations at DoubleTree the parking there is included in the $115 rate.

Bill Pressler
12-28-2011, 12:02 PM
Denny,

Century Center parking is going to be available for the week for SDC members and wil lbe over flow parking for the parade to downtown from the Fairgrounds for Fun Night.

If you have reservations at DoubleTree the parking there is included in the $115 rate.

Can the Doubletree accomodate a truck with trailer in their parking garage? I'm sure there will be others who will trailer their Studes. Thanks!

mlepay
12-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Can the Doubletree accomodate a truck with trailer in their parking garage? I'm sure there will be others who will trailer their Studes. Thanks!

Bill,

There is a fairly low clearance in their garage which is kind of underground. I will have to check what it is, however they do have a secure above ground (road level) parking lot there as well (basically the top of the underground parking lot) that should be available.

Welcome
12-28-2011, 01:23 PM

Good question!!!;)

Bill, for the 2002 SB IM we rented a fenced-in & lighted parking lot two blocks west of the hotel to drop trailers in & had extra S.B.P.D. patroling it. Maybe the 2012 SB IM folks have a similar arrangement made.

Host Hotel has approx. 400 parking spaces on 4 levels; approx. 30 of those are above ground and could be used by vehicles over 5' - 8" high. All parking spots are first come ...first use!!!

Pics. below were taken very recently and are in this order:
1st - Main lobby entrance to Double Tree at 123 N. St. Joseph St.
2nd - Parking entrance at 123 N. St. Joseph St.
3rd - Parking entrance at 123 N. Michigan St. (including vehicles over 5' - 8" high)

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd257/GoldenHawk_photos/DoubleTree-lobby.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd257/GoldenHawk_photos/NStJosephSt-parking.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd257/GoldenHawk_photos/MichiganStparkingentrance.jpg

studegary
12-28-2011, 01:31 PM

I doubt that it will be under the 68 inch height limit. Heck, most males are taller than that now.

Green53
12-28-2011, 10:30 PM
Thanks Mickey-
We will be at the Inn at St Mary's with AOAI but will have meetings to attend at SDC host hotel.

Denny L

johnod
01-01-2012, 01:06 PM
I tried to book this online, twice.
Each time , info the that came back was , no room at the inn.
I phoned and was however able to book a room.

Just thought I'd pass that info along, fwiw.

studegary
01-01-2012, 04:39 PM
I tried to book this online, twice.
Each time , info the that came back was , no room at the inn.
I phoned and was however able to book a room.

Just thought I'd pass that info along, fwiw.

I had the same expeience. Online, there was one day that wasn't available. When I called and said that I was with the Avanti/AOAI group, I was able to book the week and at the special rate. I guess that they have a block of rooms held for Avanti.