have not found the right car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have not found the right car

i have looked at two starlight coupes both not what i wanted still looking for a super car 51 or 52 even consider a hawk too on jan 22 there is a big car show in camby , oregon will be looking there also do love the studes merry x mas to you all ed

Boy, I am trying my hardest to help you spend your money! Another PM sent regarding a '52 Champion Starlight that is local and for sale.

Comment

hahahahaha i love it i do thank you for your help it is appreciated i sure will buy if the car is right and the price is fair i believe in a win win situation i will give him a call tomorrow and keep you posted thanks again and marry xmas to you and your family be well ed

Comment

Okay you have now moved into the "Best Looking" Studes..
        You should take your time, as it appears you are not quite sure what exactly it is that you want???(No offence)
        But we are glad you have decided it will be a "Studebaker"
        Happy Boxing Day!
        There was a nice little 60 Hawk listed on e-bay this week. Looks like it needs an interior and some TLC reserve has not yet been met.
        Good Roads
        Brian
        Brian Woods
        woodysrods@shaw.ca
        1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Keep lookin' Ed

So I guess the purple 'car kit' you told me about didn't work out? Jerry, do you remember the Champion with the dual carb set up, owned by an older NWSDC member a few years back? Can't remember his name. He passed away a while back. Wonder where his car went. Perhaps it's available.

Dave Mc

Comment

Dave - the Champion you are thinking about is now living in Yakima, WA. I think it was a '48.

We'll find him something fairly local - it is our mission to help other people spend their money on worthwhile Studebakers!

Comment

i want to thank you all for you advice and help patience is needed when buying a car and when the right stude comes along i will absolutely buy it if its fairly priced i do know it is a buyers market i am open to a bullet nose or even a hawk as long as its a studebaker love em thank again

Comment

I'm having fun watching your search. I doubt you could have done any better than basing your search on this forum, with all the knowledge and good folks that are here. My advice is to stay patient and hold out for what you really want, and buy the best example your budget will allow. You will be money ahead and happier overall, which is a huge part of your enjoyment of the hobby. I'm excited for you. Good luck and be sure to keep us bystanders in the loop!
                Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                Romans 15:13
                Deuteronomy 31:6
                Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Are you aware that there are currently two 1951 Starlights for sale in Turning Wheels (Jan. '12)?
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I don't know if you are interested, but I have a very solid '49 Champion Starlight. It is somewhat apart and needs paint and upholstery, but the engine was supposedly rebuilt and has not been run. Email me at brngarage@socal.rr.com for pictures and more details.
                    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
                    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
                    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
                    '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

I do believe that this yellow Hawk is currently for sale:

Also this Starlight Coupe is for sale as well- both cars are located in Southern Saskatchewan.

Shoot me a PM if you want more information.
                      Evan
                      Evan Davis
                      Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	1671553This 60 is for sale, It is an r-3 4 speed car

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                          Are you aware that there are currently two 1951 Starlights for sale in Turning Wheels (Jan. '12)?
                          just curious what the prices are on those starlights -- haven't seen too many for sale online lately...
                          sigpic

1950 Commander Starlight Coupe
                          Regal Deluxe Trim
                          Automatic transmission
                          46k original miles, 4th Owner

Comment

HELLO ALL,

i did in fact buy a 1956 j golden hawk so i want to thank you for all of your help and kind comments speycaster

Comment

You can not just post that and not show us pics...."pics...pics...pics"

Comment

Working...
                              X