PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas Eve.

rockinhawk
12-24-2011, 06:04 AM
My wife has to work tomorrow so we will celebrate Christmas today. I am expecting all my children with husbands and wives, and most of their children here today. Grand children Josh and Haleigh are already here,and Josh's Studebaker is parked in the front driveway.
In fact there are 7 Studebakers in the yard right now. This is not unuseual as 5 stay here most of the time.
Two project trucks are in two buildings, A mostly retired 1950 Wrecker sit beside the barn. Semi retired Fred (58 Trasnstar)is parked near an electrical outlet so the battery tender will reach. Miss Edie's GT is under the carport and my 57 Silverhawk is parked nose to nose with Josh's 60 Lark in the circle driveway.
Presents are under the tree and baked goodies are all over the kitchen and dining room.Even a Gingerbread house built by Haleigh and me.

Most of all the spirit of love and family togatherness is here. That's what it's all about any way. As we gather with our loved ones over this Joyous season let us remember the Christ child who was born in Bethlehem so many years ago. Who lived and died as the ultimate gift to mankind.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all from the Thornton Family of South Georgia.

Kurt
12-24-2011, 06:19 AM
Merry Christmas to you too! Our family is finishing preparing for Christmas tomorrow.

MERRY CHRISTMAS from the Emken family of central Illinois.

55champion
12-24-2011, 06:55 AM
Merry Christmas...Hope you have the best Christmas "EVER"....

ma1951
12-24-2011, 08:41 AM
Merry Christmas Neil and Edie and to all of your family. Mike and Janet.

jbwhttail
12-24-2011, 09:24 AM
Merry Christmas from your friends in Indianapolis.....The Bacons

avantilover
12-24-2011, 02:40 PM
Merry Xmas from me and my 4 cats. Lovely day here in Adelaide 24C (75.2F), family is where it's at.

Bob Andrews
12-24-2011, 03:10 PM
Merry Christmas my friend, and God Bless!

63t-cab
12-24-2011, 03:25 PM
Merry Christmas to all in Stude land.

jclary
12-24-2011, 03:32 PM
:)merry christmas:)

Lenny R2
12-24-2011, 05:58 PM
Merry Christmas to all.

rockinhawk
12-24-2011, 06:24 PM
Well, It's all over with! 7: pm and everyone has gone home. My family hit this place like a Cyclone!! Food, candy, Grandkids and presents all over the place!
Joshua took everyone who would get in for a ride in his Studebaker. James showed up in a Jeep. He soon pulled the top off and headed for the woods. Dirt roads and wooded trails make a good playground.
G-ma called everyone in to open gifts and eat, and eat, and.eat!!

Then the guns came out. We hit the woods to do our annual Mistletoe shoot. I got the first piece, Josh got the 2nd, the I lost count. Zack couldn't shoot down any mistletoe so he shot the whole limb that it was growing on. We shot up a whole box of.22's. Got a Jeep full of the green stuff and went home. Zack then broke out his new .308 Deer Rifle and set up a target. That thing is LOUD!!!

We came back and ate some more goodies, played with the pony and the pups, then folks started drifting away. Pretty soon it was just me and Grandma once again.

All my decendants here except one, and he made a telephone appearance.

This was truly a good day for which I am Truly thankful. NT

64V-K7
12-24-2011, 06:27 PM
Merry Christmas and a Happy & safe new year to all..

Roscomacaw
12-24-2011, 07:39 PM
Merry christmas to all in the studebaker wolrd from roscomacaw & friends in central california!!!

mbstude
12-24-2011, 11:01 PM
Wasn't able to make it there tonight.. But I'll be there tomorrow. If it'll start I plan on driving Tom's '51.

woodysrods
12-24-2011, 11:21 PM
Merry Christmas from Brian & Sandi
Good Roads to all and to all a good night!
Brian

Don Jeffers
12-25-2011, 12:22 AM
Merry Christmas to all from Don and Susan.

From our little corner of Studedom.

53K, 54K, 64 Avanti R2
Thank God for all blessings!

64V-K7
12-25-2011, 12:27 AM
Hey Bob,

Merry Christmas from my "Grand"bird.... Reuben. Been in the family around 12 years. Raised from an egg..

http://www.studebaker-info.org/reuben.jpg

rockinhawk
12-25-2011, 06:57 AM
Wasn't able to make it there tonight.. But I'll be there tomorrow. If it'll start I plan on driving Tom's '51. That's a long trip. Be careful with so many people on the road. If it doesn't make it, Call me. I'll hitch up the trailer behind the Dodge and come get you.

Roscomacaw
12-25-2011, 10:03 AM
Bob, Rueben may outlive you. With good health and a bit of luck, he could do just that. Like Rueben, Rosco hatched here in our home. In 3 months it'll have been 22 years with us.

mbstude
12-25-2011, 10:15 AM
Well.. Looks like rain all over the state of Georgia today. So much for driving the '51!

Thanks for the offer though. I know the car would make it.. Looking forward to seeing everyone tonight.

jclary
12-25-2011, 10:44 AM
Hey Bob,

Merry Christmas from my "Grand"bird.... Reuben. Been in the family around 12 years. Raised from an egg..

http://www.studebaker-info.org/reuben.jpg

Bob, Rueben may outlive you. With good health and a bit of luck, he could do just that. Like Rueben, Rosco hatched here in our home. In 3 months it'll have been 22 years with us.

Just gotta make a comment here (as another thread swerves off target:))...I have come to the conclusion that it takes a special person to keep and maintain a good relationship with such birds. I have a very good friend that is a veterinarian. He has a special building he constructed just for his many birds. Some, he has raised, many...he has rescued. In the wrong hands, these creatures can be a terror. Rescuing abused birds is a difficult and risky task, and, Mike has the scars to prove it.

I must confess...if one of these feathered friends took a silver dollar size hunk out of the back of my hand, it would be cat food in seconds! I do fine with my chickens, but the little parakeet we had years ago convinced me that I would not be a "bird" person.

Mike has rescued some tough nuts that were in very bad circumstances. I admire how he finds a way to interact with them, and through observing his experience...have developed a deep sense of admiration and respect for those who keep and maintain a positive environment for these intelligent (and powerful) birds.

Last night, I opened a gift that is a little wall plaque. Pictured there is a little black poodle like mine (Jock). The sign says, "Love is...being owned by a Poodle!":p

I suspect the same can be said of a bird.... Merry Christmas!:):cool::)

Bob Andrews
12-25-2011, 10:54 AM
*.˛.★。˛ ..★.Merry Christmas *★* *˛.
˛ _██_*。*./ ♥ \ .˛* .˛.*.★* *★ 。*And a Happy New Year!!!
˛. (• ̮•)*˛*/.♫.♫\*˛.* ˛_Π_____. * ♥ ˛* ♥
.( . • . ) ˛./• '♫ ' •\.˛*./______/~\\*.*。
*(...'•'.. ) *˛╬╬╬╬╬˛.|田田 |門|╬╬╬╬ .
˜"*•♥•*"˜`˜"*•♥•*"˜` ˜"*˜"*•♥•

rockinhawk
12-25-2011, 01:36 PM
Just gotta make a comment here (as another thread swerves off target:))...I have come to the conclusion that it takes a special person to keep and maintain a good relationship with such birds. I have a very good friend that is a veterinarian. He has a special building he constructed just for his many birds. Some, he has raised, many...he has rescued. In the wrong hands, these creatures can be a terror. Rescuing abused birds is a difficult and risky task, and, Mike has the scars to prove it.

I must confess...if one of these feathered friends took a silver dollar size hunk out of the back of my hand, it would be cat food in seconds! I do fine with my chickens, but the little parakeet we had years ago convinced me that I would not be a "bird" person.

Mike has rescued some tough nuts that were in very bad circumstances. I admire how he finds a way to interact with them, and through observing his experience...have developed a deep sense of admiration and respect for those who keep and maintain a positive environment for these intelligent (and powerful) birds.

Last night, I opened a gift that is a little wall plaque. Pictured there is a little black poodle like mine (Jock). The sign says, "Love is...being owned by a Poodle!":p

I suspect the same can be said of a bird.... Merry Christmas!:):cool::)
When I first met John, we had parked side by side at a Zone meet. We struck up a conversation and talked for about 30 minutes. I noticed John had a large tote bag hanging from his sholder. I assumed it was to carry parts he might find at the vendors tables. After awhile I was surprised to see Jock poke his head up out of the bag to see what was going on.

showbizkid
12-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Merry Christmas my frriends! I hope you're all having a very excellent day!

Corvanti
12-25-2011, 08:38 PM
well, since this thread has turned fowl :p
here's 11 year old "birdy" (yes, quite the unique name there. :rolleyes:)

and, while we're at it, here's my 5 year old, 14 inch "pacu" (piranha cuz w/smaller teeth)...

and, pink and floyd - all 132 lbs of him,1293512936 would be upset if i didn't include them!!!

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to all!!! :D

rockinhawk
12-25-2011, 08:57 PM
I usta LOVE birds! Specially dove and quail. Then I got caught at an illegal dove shoot by the gamewarden. After I paid the fine and they confiscated all my birds, I kinda lost my taste for them.
Apparantly you can't feed 'em before you shoot 'em.

Studedude
12-25-2011, 09:04 PM
I usta LOVE birds! Specially dove and quail. Then I got caught at an illegal dove shoot by the gamewarden. After I paid the fine and they confiscated all my birds, I kinda lost my taste for them.
Apparantly you can't feed 'em before you shoot 'em.
Love can turn to hate so quickly. <G>

rockinhawk
12-25-2011, 09:18 PM
All this talk about talking birds reminds me of the story of the young man from the country who went away,got agood education,then a good job, but couldn't make it home for Christmas. As he walked past a pet store he saw a bird that could quote the 23rd Psalm. He thought "Mama would love this. That's her favorite scripture." The bird was terribly expensive but "Nothing is too good for Mama!" so he bought the bird and had him shipped home. The afternoon of Christmas day he called home. He asked "Mama,how did you like the bird?" Mama said,"The bird was good ,Son, A little tough but still good."

Studedude
12-25-2011, 09:33 PM
Yipes!