Spray Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint: Spray Gun

Just painted small section of roof which will be part of the two tone color of my recent auction purchase a GT Hawk.
    Talked earlier on another thread about upgrading my paint gun inventory. I discovered after having been painting for about 50 plus year, " I started on Bicycles", that I have never had a really good spray gun. I have one now. It puts out more paint and more air at low pressure than any gun that I have ever used.

Larry Lyles a paint expert/author recommended in one of his recent articles that he was asked to test a Tekna/ DeVilbiss HVLP spray gun. He stated it was one of the best guns he'd ever used. I bought one,and now having used it totally agree. It has one air cap for base coat, (fine atomization) and another for clear, (heavy flow). I used the same input regualtor and with the same pressure setting on two guns it was amazing the extra air at the tip on the Tekna.

The big deal is the paint went on beatifully and since I do not paint daily or even monthly this really is a big deal. Even as an amature painter it helps improve eveything with great equipment.

Don
    don

I believe the HVLP guns are federally mandated; less paint dumped to the atmosphere and the additional benefit of less overspray. Logic would indicate it should also require less paint to achieve desired results.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I worked for a body shop during high school. The owner had a cartoon picture of himself on the wall standing at the door of his shop and a woman talking to him saying. My car down the street stopped running and my husband told me that you can make anything run.

Comment

I looked up Tekna/DeVilbliss and see they have several models. Which model is yours?
        Thanks,
        Joe H

Comment

Good question. Even the article doesn't say what the model is. However, it has a 202 base coat air cap and a #909 clear coat air cap. I'll give you all the numbers from the gun.
          CE itw finishing BH 119 LH UK (United Kingdom) P1-9 bar 2008 (I think the year of manufacture) H83720 These can also be purchased with a 7E7 (high volume) air cap.
          Hope this helps.

Don Berg
          don

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
            I looked up Tekna/DeVilbliss and see they have several models. Which model is yours?
            Thanks,
            Joe H
            After more research I found the correct Model/part no. It is Tekna Devilbiss #703087.
            don

Comment

Working...
            X