Stude on TV again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude on TV again

I just noticed a new TV commercial with a Stude.

Progressive insurance is doing a new series of commercials where their cool guy dude is just paying for peoples things to show them that they can save money. There is one where he is buying people gas randomly.

In the new commercial out he is buying people Christmas trees, the people are all shocked, oh wow thanks....In the backround there is a red Stude Champ p/u with a wide bed on it that they are loading up....

SDC member?

Here you go:

Comment

Good eye, Kelly. I saw this ad just last night but missed the Stude! (usually I can SMELL them quite a distance away)
      sigpicGood judgment is the result of experience; ...experience is the result of bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by kmac530 View Post

Progressive insurance is doing a new series of commercials where their cool guy dude is just paying for peoples things to show them that they can save money. There is one where he is buying people gas randomly.

In the new commercial out he is buying people Christmas trees, the people are all shocked, oh wow thanks....In the backround there is a red Stude Champ p/u with a wide bed on it that they are loading up....

SDC member?

Good catch! Steve
        sigpic

Comment

Bump. Just in case someone missed it.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Well it did have White Wheels, stock small Hubcaps and no Camper, otherwise a pretty good match.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

But, to see it I had to stop the video...otherwise it's on screen just a half second where in the video I'd bet most folks are looking at the actors
              (since they are speaking) rather than the background; plus on normal T.V. you, eye, can't stop the picture to review something of interest. So, yes good eye there Kelly!
              JimsLeadCommander

Comment

It's right at 00.21 in the video. Good shot, too! BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by kmac530 View Post

SDC member?
                  Good catch indeed! I had seen that commercial several times, but didn't notice the Champ.
                  Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                  '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Just just saw the commercial on FOX News Channel, hard to miss the Champ, you guys better get an eye exam :-) JS
                    Last edited by LarkTruck; 12-30-2011, 06:53 AM.
                    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Actually, the exposure time of the Champ truck, in the commercial, is about 1/100 sec.
                      Rog
                      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                      Smithtown,NY
                      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

20/15 vision here.
                        And JimsLeadCommander, that is how I caught it. My Verizon FIOS has stop, pause, rewind, jump back/forward, record and others. I had to stop and rewind it to make sure it was what I thought it was.
                        I am learning this Studebaker stuff.

Comment

Working...
                        X