57 Golden Hawk Headliner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: 57 Golden Hawk Headliner

I need some information on addressing stainless bar over rear glass when replacing headliner. My service manual does not cover cloth headliner.

Originally posted by AJHAWK View Post
    I need some information on addressing stainless bar over rear glass when replacing headliner. My service manual does not cover cloth headliner.
    WELCOME ...to the SDC Forum!!!

What year Service Manual are you looking at???

Comment

1956 passenger car with 1957 supplement

Comment

AJHAWK, are you talking about inside molding or the wide outside chrome band! rear window does not nead to be taken out to replace headliner if that is your question. MAC

Comment

That was my question. I was under impression rear glass had to be removed. In that case, how does headliner attach to rear glass mounting flange?

Comment

AJHAWK;I installed one in my 57GH 25 yrs ago and is still holding good, their is enought flange to glue to hold it,i was told back than that the windshield had to be removed also, oh well. MAC

Comment

GEEMAC; Thanks for help. I have not torn into top yet so not sure of condition of glass weatherstrip. I believe headliner is original judging by condition of windlace. Will tear into garnish moulding and see what I have.
              w

Comment

Working...
              X