Eye Candy 12/19/11: 28 "Studebucket" roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye Candy 12/19/11: 28 "Studebucket" roadster

June 2009, Paris, Ontario. This unique Stude is based on parts of a '28 sedan body; suspension is partially 30s Dodge, engine is a Lark flathead six with a T-bird supercharger added...sounds superb. Was for sale last I heard. Based in New Dundee ON, near Kitchener...

S.

I'm liking this one! Any other shots from the rear view? The underslung chassis doubles the cool-factor as does the home-brewed s/c on a flattie stude engine.. Junior
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

I'm sure I took a rear view, but it doesn't look like I put one onto P'bucket. However, here are two closeups...engine and interior...

The rear of the roadster is basically the aft end of the frame, rear suspension and axle/diff, and fuel tank...like a teens-twenties speedster. The body panels are from a four-door sedan, so Greg (the builder/owner) had to find the aft "bucket" panel for a roadster. Solution was just as clever and resourceful as everything else: the sheetmetal panel came from the roof of a Plymouth Barracuda parts car! The wheels, too, are Mopar--30s Dodge--so there's a definite Mopar slant to this unique rod. And I really like the 1932 Stude Indy car-style grille trim, too...

S.

Comment

Nice looking ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
          June 2009, Paris, Ontario. This unique Stude is based on parts of a '28 sedan body; suspension is partially 30s Dodge, engine is a Lark flathead six with a T-bird supercharger added...sounds superb. Was for sale last I heard. Based in New Dundee ON, near Kitchener...

S.
          Dang more old folks like me that like modified!! eeerrrrr!! or is it custom Studebakers. In any case I love it and it has to be one of the best ones you've posted Steve. Thanks

Bob

Comment

I'm fussy, picky and opinionated, but that is one (of very few) car(s) I would not change a thing on!

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Only one cup holder ?

Comment

Just some Old Studebaker Guy having a little fun by the looks of it.
                I LIKE it!
                Good Roads
                Brian
                Brian Woods
                woodysrods@shaw.ca
                1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Very neat car. I love seeing something other than a T or an A done old school style.
                  Not going to pick the car apart at all, but I will share my likes and not so muches.

LOVES:
                  the body, grill, shell, ornament, headlights, frame, underslung axle, arched cowl, turned fire wall, leather hood ties downs, braided leather hood gasket/seals, motor, induction system, air cleaner, beer bottle openers, seats, tires, sprint car style steering wheel and much more....

Shifter, ammo box trans tunnel, dash cluster, E-brake, and mirrors....more of course

Dislikes- this is purely preference issues and I love the car, this is just what I would do different:
                  The wheels-color looks too generic and the 30s wheel centers once cut down for the drop center rims came out looking like a Toyota tercel or dodge dart wheel.
                  Color-not a big fan of purple and especially flat colors---pure preference tho.
                  Diamond plate floor- just does not fit the syle to me or the era.
                  Tach- too modern looking
                  Windshield- that arched cowl looks so cool I would cut the top of the glass to the same arch and make it flow.
                  Shift pedals- they have a billet look to them which I am not a fan of.

I LOVE the vast majority of the car and would only make some small adjustments and think the car could be almost perfect with these----to me...and that aint much.
                  Beautiful car and I would love to see some shots of the rear of the car and tail lights, they look neat from the one angle.

Comment

Aft end.

This sweet little car was discussed sometime back. I love the look, but I wonder how safe it would be if a front tire went flat.
                    "In the heart of Arkansas."
                    Searcy, Arkansas
                    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                    1952 2R pickup

Comment

I like the back. trunk is cool and tail light are really nice. I dont know if I personally would have the silver diff cover, but that is just me. Great car.

Comment

Working...
                      X