48th Birthday for my Daytona Convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48th Birthday for my Daytona Convertible

Our Bordeux Red Convertible has its 48 Birthday today , It was an ordered car and was shipped the day the plant closed , Oddly equipped ,It has the 289 auto trans and bucket seat interior and not much else , No P/S , P/B or radio and thats the way it is today , Body #505 . Ed
    Attached Files

Cool beans, Ed; this is close to the end of production; only two days out, as a matter of fact. It was the last Daytona Convertible shipped to North Carolina, period.

I wouldn't say "not much else" on the options: It has about the average number, per the records:

Bordeaux Red, white top, red vinyl interior. 289 / 210, Flightomatic, bucket seats, whitewall tires, tinted windshield, Climatizer, undercoating, front bumper guards, rear bumper guards, wheel covers, and front seat belts.

'Sounds like a nice car, pleasantly equipped for a fun driver. 'Good to hear it survives. BP
    Last edited by BobPalma; 12-17-2011, 06:16 AM.
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Nice car, Ed, thanks for posting. What I wouldn't give to go back in time in late Dec. '63 and pick a Champ, Transtar, GT, Daytona convertible, and Avanti out of Studebaker's stock, with today's money!
      Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      (formerly Greenville, PA)
      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
      All are in Australia now

Comment

Hey Bill , today's money is less , therefore if you bought your 1964 Stude GT. hawk with a R3 with all the options (your dream car) from a the Carl E. Fieler Co. and it cost say 4500.00 with maybe the R3 package ? with "today's money "== $ 32,444.26 !!
        Joseph Kastellec

Comment

OK, Joe, you know what I mean! I want to buy a new '64 Stude with $4,500 of today's money!
          Bill Pressler
          Kent, OH
          (formerly Greenville, PA)
          Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
          Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
          1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
          1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
          All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by jts359 View Post
            Our Bordeux Red Convertible has its 48 Birthday today , It was an ordered car and was shipped the day the plant closed , Oddly equipped ,It has the 289 auto trans and bucket seat interior and not much else , No P/S , P/B or radio and thats the way it is today , Body #505 . Ed
            "Oddly equipped" like its owner! HA HA, just couldn't resist that one! Now jump in that old girl and drive on out here, LOTS of food left from the party. EVERYONE MISSED YOU GUYS!
            ps HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
            Jim & Judy
            I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Working...
            X