Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merry Christmas from your Studebaker dealer (pic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas from your Studebaker dealer (pic)

....Studebaker Buick / GMC in Richmond IN, that is:

Every so often, someone "finds" Studebaker Buick / GMC in Richmond IN and posts the "new" discovery. I've been by the place dozens of times due to wife Cari's family being in the area.

We went through Richmond today and it was convenient to stop and photograph their Merry Christmas billboard along U. S. 40 a couple blocks west of the dealership, so there it is.

Note the name Studebaker being much larger than either Buick or GMC! <GGG> BP
    Last edited by BobPalma; 12-15-2011, 06:17 AM.
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Well Bob ...Studebaker needs more help than those other 2 <g>
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I still love the past thread about "Julie Studebaker", the internet ID used by the lady to catch her husband plotting to have her offed. It's a notable name even as an assumed name. I once had to chase a guy for child support who had changed his name to avoid the "problem". He changed his name to Halen because he liked the band Van Halen. Didn't help him. I found him and he had to pay
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Bob, that is really neat looking. The Studebaker name is in a script that looks to be real close to that used by Studebaker at times.
        I'll give you another Studebaker Dealer Merry Christmas. This is Merriman Motors in Raleigh, North Carolina. Note the snow on the ground. Having snow in Raleigh before Christmas is really unusual.

Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

When I was in Studebaker Buick, GMC , I asked for some of their paper floor mats with their dealer name and logo, and I use the mats in Lark VIII girl's car.

Husband of Lark VIII girl

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
            Bob, that is really neat looking. The Studebaker name is in a script that looks to be real close to that used by Studebaker at times.
            I'll give you another Studebaker Dealer Merry Christmas. This is Merriman Motors in Raleigh, North Carolina. Note the snow on the ground. Having snow in Raleigh before Christmas is really unusual.

Joe, do you know what the address of that dealer was?
            Jeff DeWitt
            http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
              ...and it looks like quite a bit of snow at that, Joe; not just a light dusting or anything. Interesting, and a nice photo. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Jeff, I believe Merriman Motors was on East Morgan Street. There are several pictures of the dealership on the web, most if not all came from the North Carolina Archives.
                Joe Roberts
                '61 R1 Champ
                '65 Cruiser
                Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
                X