These missing Parts needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These missing Parts needed

PICTURE: I need what is missing as far as self adjuster parts. Standard rear V8 brakes.Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by AKAchamptrucking; 12-18-2011, 05:30 PM.

BUMP!!!!! anyone?????

Comment

I cannot see if the WEB at the bottom of the Forward Shoe has the small notch allowing the 1558508 & 509 Automatic Adjuster star wheel follower LEVER to fit onto the Forward Shoe. If not you will need to swap the shoes around until both Forward Shoes have a Notch, grind one in or replace the Shoes with '63 & Up Shoes.

What I usually do is trash it all, and replace the Starwheel and Springs with the '54 to '62 Type.

I could dig you out a set of Auto Adj. Hardware if you want, do you need some for both wheels?

Update: PM Sent.
      Last edited by StudeRich; 12-18-2011, 07:48 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Check page 262 of SI's new catalog.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

It looks like you just need the adjusting links and these could be from any '63 - '66 Studebaker with a 10" drum - meaning 6 cylinder front or V-8 rear. I was going to tell you these are available new, but then I open the new Studebaker International catalog and see that the upper link, 1558510 is available for $2.25, but the lower link, 1558511 is "No stock." Your adjusting screw spring doesn't look correct - for it to work properly it would need to be bearing on the adjuster starwheel.

Comment

Oh yes - that is why the adjusting spring looked funny to me - you are also missing the 1558508/1558509 Adjusting Lever (Right & Left). The are also listed as available in Studebaker International's new catalog at $17.50 each.
            Last edited by Studebakercenteroforegon; 12-18-2011, 06:08 PM. Reason: corrected price

Comment

You are in good hands here on the Frum.
              Good Luck
              &
              Good Roads
              Brian
              Brian Woods
              woodysrods@shaw.ca
              1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Thanks for the answers. StudeRich is going to help me out with some good used parts. Whoever the prior owner was got rid of all the missing stuff for what ever reason. The lower spring in question is from a GM G body spring kit. I like the GM style shoe retaining springs a lot better than the U shaped Studebaker hold down clip. It would have been way too easy if Studebaker International would have had all the missing parts. And that is the story of my life! So I really want to say THANK YOU for StudeRich for bailing me out of this one!

Comment

Working...
                X