Spot the Stude(s)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spot the Stude(s)...

I originally spotted the black sedan behind the lamp post and completely missed the other stude until a 3rd look...

Jeff in ND

In addition to the white hawk...what about the 2nd and 4th school bus?
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Looks like a Golden Hawk going in the opposite direction of the black sedan.

Comment

2-tone '56 Golden Hawk? -funny that the two Studes in a lot of brand -Xs are almost kissing fenders!
        Oglesby,Il.

Comment

I'm sure if it's a Golden Hawk. But it could be. It's interesting that both Studebakers are in the same spot. I also noticed a nice '52 Nash in the background. Or, is it a '53?
          Rog
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

What kind of a school has it's own crematorium?
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

The 2nd and 4th school buses are Fords- 53-55 or so. Newest car i see is a 1958- cool fat fendered customized ford in the middle facing away from the camera. What really caught my interest is what looks like a late 20's GM Landaulet sedan to the lower right side. Wish the detail was better.
              Evan Davis
              Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Originally posted by raprice View Post
                I'm sure if it's a Golden Hawk. But it could be. It's interesting that both Studebakers are in the same spot. I also noticed a nice '52 Nash in the background. Or, is it a '53? Rog
                You're right, Rog; it is definitely a 1956 Golden Hawk. The fins are clearly visible. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Jeff, do you have any idea where it was taken? sure looks like the back end of the school I went to in 58 and 59.
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

Jeff, do you have any idea where it was taken? sure looks like the back end of the school I went to in 58 and 59.
                    According to the Minnesota historical society website where I found that picture:

Title: Richfield High School at the end of the school day.
                    Date: 1958

So, if you went to Richfield High in '58, that was your school!

Jeff in ND

Comment

close but no cigar, I went to Sibley High in West St Paul and that back end sure looks like it. sure like the old pictures.
                      Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California

Comment

I went to Sibley High in West St Paul
                        Ha. My cousin lives only a couple of blocks from there on Winslow Ave. I was there (her house!) for turkey a couple weeks ago

Jeff in ND

Comment

Working...
                        X