Distance between Hotels??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distance between Hotels??

As President of North Puget Sound SDC and also a 1985 Avanti owner, I will be going in many directions at the National. How far apart are The Inn at St Marys and the Double Tree? Are there any plans to run a shuttle back and forth? Thank You , getting keyed up already!! Lou Cote

Originally posted by dynolou2 View Post
    >>>How far apart are The Inn at St Marys and the Double Tree?<<<
    3.0 miles & 4 minutes apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
      3.0 miles & 4 minutes apart.
      I really doubt that you can average 45 miles per hour in that area. IIRC, it is mostly 30 mph zone with slow traffic and traffic lights. I think that ten minutes would be a better estimate if it is three miles, especially for someone not famiiar with the area.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
        I really doubt that you can average 45 miles per hour in that area. IIRC, it is mostly 30 mph zone with slow traffic and traffic lights. I think that ten minutes would be a better estimate if it is three miles, especially for someone not famiiar with the area.
        Gary, remember, all my responses on this 2012 IM Forum are "unofficial" responses! Hopefully, someone will chime in with the "official" travel time, shortly.

4 mins. is what the "usually reliable" Microsoft 2011 Streets & Trips software has pegged the time from the entrance of the Inn at St. Mary's to the entrance of the Double Tree. Take into consideration this is the main route between Notre Dame and downtown South Bend and likely has one of the best synchronized traffic control systems "money can buy" installed between those two hotels.

Comment

All I could think of when I read the header was "Man-o-man...That's one horny couple"

Distance between Hotels??
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

DEEPNHOCK, as dolly Parton said in "Best Little WhoreHouse in Texas" ain't nothing dirty going on around here. Just my first trip to South Bend when a National is on and I'm interested in many of the trips, seminars, and historical info offered by both AOAI and SDC. Lou Cote

Comment

unofficial3.2 miles and took 5 minutes, 21 seconds. Had to come to a complete stop at 2 traffic signals and slowed down substantially for a 3rd. Speed limit was 40 MPH, then goes down to 35.

FWIW: IF you avoid rush hour traffic and staying out of those TURN ONLY lanes.

Comment

I will be sharing a room at the DoubleTree with a buddy,but a lot of the things I want to do involve my membership in AOAI and Club Avanti Northwest. I have also volunteered a day on the begining of restoration of Avanti R 1001. I attend a lot of carshows in and out of my area to illuminate,and educate the public on both Studebaker and Avanti. So with the BIG 50 for Avanti production, I want to learn as much as possible to carry out to car show attendees. Thank You Lou Cote

Comment

My wife & I stayed at the Inn at St. Mary's during the '07 Stude Int'l meet. Beautiful hotel and very comfortable. For those who don't know, it's right off I-80 and a short ride downtown.
                  Rog
                  '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                  Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Will there be a shuttle stop for the buses at St. Mary's. And will it go to the Doubletree and fairgrounds?

Comment

I was in South Bend yesterday. With as much snow and slush as was in 31 thats pretty good time.
                      Klif
                      55 Speedster/Street Machine
                      63 Avanti R2
                      64 Convertible R1

Comment

Originally posted by Samjoe View Post
                        Will there be a shuttle stop for the buses at St. Mary's. And will it go to the Doubletree and fairgrounds?
                        DTH/CC, SNM, SI and SJCFG ...but did not recall hearing about one being at ISM ...the AOAI "Host Hotel."

Did some quick & dirty calculating, and it does seem "possible" to include ISM and still maintain a shuttle running on an hourly basis over that 15.9 mile loop. But let's wait for the powers-that-be to make the final decision!

Comment

The shuttle will be stopping at the ISM.

Denny L

Comment

Working...
                          X