• Show
Clear All

• Puttting the coupe away for the winter

Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0050.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	1734463

I took this pic, just before I put the car away, and started tearing it apart for the winter changes.
    It shows some of my last changes
    I thought the pic came out pretty nice.

Oooooo I like that...

Comment

What kind of changes are in order ?,looks really nice based on pic. I really hate that "putting away for Winter" thing ! I'm actually gonna use my Champ tomorrow and Sunday to run a hefty load or two of cord wood for my neighbor,just can't surrender yet <G>
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
        What kind of changes are in order ?,looks really nice based on pic. I really hate that "putting away for Winter" thing ! I'm actually gonna use my Champ tomorrow and Sunday to run a hefty load or two of cord wood for my neighbor,just can't surrender yet <G>
        I'm going to build a new short block for it, sbc 383 is the plan.
        Some firewall mods, install evap unit for AC, and a 56 style dash install.
        Of course i may run out of $$ before i get it all done.

Comment

Originally posted by johnod View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]12645[/ATTACH]

I took this pic, just before I put the car away, and started tearing it apart for the winter changes.
          Nice looking car, it looks like the top has been altered in the front about 2" to make it look flatter front to back , mine has that done to it, take a look.

Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Unfortunatly the salt trucks have been out around here, so the toys are put away 'til spring. I'll have to wait for the first few spring rains to wash the roads.
            Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by 1954khardtop View Post
              Unfortunatly the salt trucks have been out around here, so the toys are put away 'til spring. I'll have to wait for the first few spring rains to wash the roads.
              Same here. Hoped to get one more drive in before the salt trucks. Not gonna happen now.... Calling for rain and warmer temps next week. Maybe it will wash the roads off.....

One thing about Illinois, we have all kinds of different weather here
              1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Looking awesome John...Didn't your car have wire mesh grills last year, was that one of this year's changes? What wheels are those? Junior.
                sigpic
                1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                  Nice looking car, it looks like the top has been altered in the front about 2" to make it look flatter front to back , mine has that done to it, take a look.

Thanks, thats a pretty nice looking car you have there as well.
                  Mine isn't chopped tho, must just be the photo angle, as i can see why you would think it was.
                  Are you running big wheels, they look tall to me.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                    Looking awesome John...Didn't your car have wire mesh grills last year, was that one of this year's changes? What wheels are those? Junior.
                    Hey Junior

Thanks for compliments, you're right I did have mesh grills last year, I much prefer the OE bars.
                    I also added the chrome headlight bezels, they were painted and a different style before, I'm on a long term mission to add some sparkle to the old girl.
                    Also raised the front a bit with aluminum heads, and lowered the back so she sits more level now.
                    The wheels are Vision 5 spokes, very Torque thrust kind of style, but at a more reasonable price.

Yours all packed up for winter ?

Comment

Really a great looking car. We have the same modus oprandi, on many winters I have torn mine apart and changed things with a deadline of having it up and running by spring. This year I hope to put a new radiator in ours along with some sort of cold air intake ducting. Good luck with your projects and keep us posted.

Pat
                      Pat Dilling
                      Olivehurst, CA
                      Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Thanks, thats a pretty nice looking car you have there as well.
                        Mine isn't chopped tho, must just be the photo angle, as i can see why you would think it was.
                        Are you running big wheels, they look tall to me.

No the wheels are not tall, but they are wide and hard to turn, I want to buy a set of the same style but not as wide then I would have 2 set and could run one on the 64 super hawk, hang in there during the winter months and fire it up now and then to enjoy the sound anyway.
                        Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Comment

Once again I am agreeing with Junior.
                          Your car looks GREAT John.
                          I love the car, I love the stance, and I love the picture.
                          Hopr to see you down the roads somewhere next year.
                          Good Roads
                          Brian
                          Brian Woods
                          woodysrods@shaw.ca
                          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

I am sooo glad not to live in the north, even though KY is not quite far enough south. We never really put the Studes away for winter here, but do let them set sometimes for weeks at a time from late December till mid March, waiting on dry roads. If the roads are dry, the salt is not much of an issue. Once the spring rains come and wash the salt off the roads, its a green light again till next December.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12645[/ATTACH]

A beautiful car John.
                              Those chrome grill bar are a huge improvement.
                              The changes you're planning for this winter must be all mechanical. I don't see how you can improve the looks any at all.
                              Jerry Forrester
                              Forrester's Chrome
                              Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Working...
                              X