PDA

View Full Version : Pink slip !!!!

kmac530
12-08-2011, 01:01 AM
Yeahhhh. My wife comes home from work about 8:30pm and stops to get the mail like she always does. I am cooking a little dinner for her since I am off work and she works 12+ hr days at the hospital, yes I am a HOUSE husband, and as soon as she opens the door she yells out "guess what YOU gottttt"

She comes in waving a DMV envelope...My Pink Slip already got here.

Oscar has a Pink and it is in MY NAME...that is a big relief for me. Buying something just on a bill of sale in California and hoping you can get it registered is a bit un-nerving. Then when you pile on the fact that my ebay add and my bill of sale both said 1952 but since it was really a 1949 I wanted it to be registered as one.

I posted last week or so that I got my plates, but that is just an over the counter transaction and could be reversed in Sacramento {or where ever they outsource it to} so to me until that pink is in my hand it i snot a done deal....today it is a done deal.

Oscar now has his 1949 Pink slip in my hand.

candbstudebakers
12-08-2011, 01:08 AM
Don't paint him pink................

Jim B PEI
12-08-2011, 08:24 AM
So now that Oscar has a pink slip, does that mean he gets "fired"? (up, that is, regularly;);))

warrlaw1
12-08-2011, 08:32 AM
It's a warm fuzzy feeling when the car you love bears your name. Congratulations!

Flashback
12-08-2011, 08:52 AM
CONGRADULATIONS !! We don't have too much of a problem here in Alabama, since titles have only been required since 1974. But I know your feeling. I had a heck of a time getting my YOM tag for my 53. It's a great feeling to know you are driving a registerd-legal-work of art.

candbstudebakers
12-08-2011, 07:46 PM
My new title came in the mail today for the black Daytona 63 Avanti 4 speed powered car, less than 2 weeks must be some kind of record for DMV.