Eye Candy for 12/8/11: 55 President Deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye Candy for 12/8/11: 55 President Deluxe

Seen arriving at the Hamilton Chapter 2011 BBQ in September, this immaculate 55 Prez belongs to forumite Cliff "2moredoors".

(I may not have time to go online tomorrow, so this one's a day early...)

S.
    Last edited by Steve T; 12-09-2011, 08:51 PM. Reason: correcting model name

I like that picture.
    sigpic
    55 President Deluxe
    64 Commander
    66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Didn't the president state have a different trim on the outside? that car looks like one I owned at one time and sold to Dick Steinkamp and he resold.
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

The car pictured is a DeLuxe, not a State. (From the book "Studebaker Cars" by James Moloney, top of page 339.)

Comment

Non-butterknife side trim, small hubcaps, and rear fender vents. I dunno what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
            Didn't the president state have a different trim on the outside? that car looks like one I owned at one time and sold to Dick Steinkamp and he resold.
            Yes, a second-series President State would have the later two-tone treatment; not sure what this is. Hamilton production?

Bob, was't the one you sold Dick Steinkamp a monotone (turquoise?) Champion 4-door? I didn't know he "restored" it; I thought it was always a fairly nice, original car. Perhaps two different cars? BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
              Yes, a second-series President State would have the later two-tone treatment; not sure what this is. Hamilton production?

Bob, was't the one you sold Dick Steinkamp a monotone (turquoise?) Champion 4-door? I didn't know he "restored" it; I thought it was always a fairly nice, original car. Perhaps two different cars? BP
              Bob the one I sold to Dick was a champion with auto, same color as this one, Dick didn't need to do a lot to it to make it a better car interior was redone and if I saw it again I could tell if it is the same one, nothing on this one says V-8and your right I don't remember if it was all green or two tone, getting old I guess.
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

The one in my pic's a Prez, and I thought Cliff called it a State but maybe not. It certainly isn't a Champion. The engine's a "Passmaster" Stude V8, and the engine room is just as nice and stock and clean as the exterior...

S.

Comment

It is what it says in my signature, a President Deluxe. I have the build sheet, manufactured in January 1955. There was no butterknife trim and full wheel covers were an option. Only 1021 were built including 96 in Los Angeles, 16 were exported. No President Deluxe Sedans were sold or manufactured in Canada.
                  The example seen here was originally shipped to Albuquerque New Mexico in January 1955 and ended up in Arizona. I purchased this car in 2008 from a non SDC member who had owned it a a few years. The two tone colour scheme is white roof and green body and is original. The fender skirts were a dealer option and my only modifications are "rear vent windows that open", originally they were fixed.
                  Last edited by 2moredoors; 12-09-2011, 08:00 PM.
                  sigpic
                  55 President Deluxe
                  64 Commander
                  66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

It is what it says in my signature, a President Deluxe. I have the build sheet, manufactured in January 1955. There was no butterknife trim and full wheel covers were an option. Only 1021 were built including 96 in Los Angeles, 16 were exported. No President Deluxe Sedans were sold or manufactured in Canada.
                    The example seen here was originally shipped to Albuquerque New Mexico in January 1955 and ended up in Arizona. I purchased this car in 2008 from a non SDC member who had owned it a a few years. The two tone colour scheme is white roof and green body and is original. The fender skirts were a dealer option and my only modifications are "rear vent windows that open", originally they were fixed.
                    Last edited by 2moredoors; 12-09-2011, 08:00 PM.
                    sigpic
                    55 President Deluxe
                    64 Commander
                    66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Roger that and thanks Cliff--have changed the thread title.

S.

Comment

Working...
                      X