PDA

View Full Version : Eye Candy for 12/8/11: 55 President Deluxe

Steve T
12-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Seen arriving at the Hamilton Chapter 2011 BBQ in September, this immaculate 55 Prez belongs to forumite Cliff "2moredoors".

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll260/StudeSteve/SDC%20Hamilton%20Plant%20Muster%20and%20Sept%20BBQ%2018%20Sep%202011/100_5081.jpg

(I may not have time to go online tomorrow, so this one's a day early...)

S.

2moredoors
12-08-2011, 04:45 PM
I like that picture.

candbstudebakers
12-09-2011, 09:59 AM
Didn't the president state have a different trim on the outside? that car looks like one I owned at one time and sold to Dick Steinkamp and he resold.

Studebakercenteroforegon
12-09-2011, 01:01 PM
The car pictured is a DeLuxe, not a State. (From the book "Studebaker Cars" by James Moloney, top of page 339.)

mbstude
12-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Non-butterknife side trim, small hubcaps, and rear fender vents. I dunno what it is. :rolleyes:

BobPalma
12-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Didn't the president state have a different trim on the outside? that car looks like one I owned at one time and sold to Dick Steinkamp and he resold.

Yes, a second-series President State would have the later two-tone treatment; not sure what this is. Hamilton production?

Bob, was't the one you sold Dick Steinkamp a monotone (turquoise?) Champion 4-door? I didn't know he "restored" it; I thought it was always a fairly nice, original car. Perhaps two different cars? BP

candbstudebakers
12-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Yes, a second-series President State would have the later two-tone treatment; not sure what this is. Hamilton production?

Bob, was't the one you sold Dick Steinkamp a monotone (turquoise?) Champion 4-door? I didn't know he "restored" it; I thought it was always a fairly nice, original car. Perhaps two different cars? BP

Bob the one I sold to Dick was a champion with auto, same color as this one, Dick didn't need to do a lot to it to make it a better car interior was redone and if I saw it again I could tell if it is the same one, nothing on this one says V-8and your right I don't remember if it was all green or two tone, getting old I guess.

Steve T
12-09-2011, 07:50 PM
The one in my pic's a Prez, and I thought Cliff called it a State but maybe not. It certainly isn't a Champion. The engine's a "Passmaster" Stude V8, and the engine room is just as nice and stock and clean as the exterior...

S.

2moredoors
12-09-2011, 09:57 PM
It is what it says in my signature, a President Deluxe. I have the build sheet, manufactured in January 1955. There was no butterknife trim and full wheel covers were an option. Only 1021 were built including 96 in Los Angeles, 16 were exported. No President Deluxe Sedans were sold or manufactured in Canada.
The example seen here was originally shipped to Albuquerque New Mexico in January 1955 and ended up in Arizona. I purchased this car in 2008 from a non SDC member who had owned it a a few years. The two tone colour scheme is white roof and green body and is original. The fender skirts were a dealer option and my only modifications are "rear vent windows that open", originally they were fixed.

2moredoors
12-09-2011, 09:58 PM
It is what it says in my signature, a President Deluxe. I have the build sheet, manufactured in January 1955. There was no butterknife trim and full wheel covers were an option. Only 1021 were built including 96 in Los Angeles, 16 were exported. No President Deluxe Sedans were sold or manufactured in Canada.
The example seen here was originally shipped to Albuquerque New Mexico in January 1955 and ended up in Arizona. I purchased this car in 2008 from a non SDC member who had owned it a a few years. The two tone colour scheme is white roof and green body and is original. The fender skirts were a dealer option and my only modifications are "rear vent windows that open", originally they were fixed.

Steve T
12-09-2011, 10:52 PM
Roger that and thanks Cliff--have changed the thread title.

S.