No announcement yet.

'62 or '63 Studebaker Avanti estimate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '62 or '63 Studebaker Avanti estimate?

Got this old beauty from a neighbor when he moved but don't have time or money to try and restore it so im trying to see how much i can sell it for. Im not trying to make a lot just a reasonable amount. i mostly want to see it go to someone who will restore it. its pretty beat Has no engine or transmission and unfortunately no title. so can someone help me estimate the worth?

That is going to be a tough one without Pics of the WHOLE Car, Interior and more info.

There were no 1962 Studebaker Avantis, only '63 and '64's.

Most round headlight bezel models were '63's.

It has the "Supercharged" Emblem on the front fender possibly making it an R2 Engined Car, so then you would need to show Pics of or info on how much of the Supercharger equipment and Blower itself are there or operational.

What Transmission, stick ( Manual 4 Speed) or Automatic Floor Shift.

Condition and Color of seats, door panels, dash etc.

The Serial Number from the right (passenger side) frame rail, just forward of the firewall, it will need cleaning to read, and the "I"'s are 1's.

It has aftermarket Wheels and rear Custom (Modified) Fender Flares.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 12-07-2011, 01:23 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I like the rear fender flare.

Comment

along with what "studerich" stated, it also would help to see pics of the frame and "hog-troughs" underneath.
        ass-u-ming it's a dry nevada car with minimal rust, that would make it worth much more than a "rust-belt" avanti.

oh, and welcome to the forum!!!
        Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayhogg View Post
          Got this old beauty from a neighbor when he moved but don't have time or money to try and restore it so im trying to see how much i can sell it for. Im not trying to make a lot just a reasonable amount. i mostly want to see it go to someone who will restore it. its pretty beat Has no engine or transmission and unfortunately no title. so can someone help me estimate the worth?
          As a discussion starter, One like yours without the rear wheel opening mods sold in Calif two weeks ago for $2746 on Ebay with no engine/trans. I'd guess yours at somewhat less due to the mods.

And Welcome, Hope it finds a great home.

Bob

Comment

couldnt get the numbers or from any other angles. door is blocked and cant roll it out because tires are flat. :/

Last edited by Jayhogg; 12-07-2011, 01:55 PM.

Comment

When you took that Engine Compartment shot, you could have read the Serial Number Plate and told us the Numbers, a Pic of that is not critical.
              StudeRich
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

RQ

ha sorry bout that and thanks for all the welcomes everyone

Comment

Thats good for the BODY number, but you got it from the inner Fender, not the Frame, so it is not the Serial Number that will be used as a VIN #.
                  StudeRich
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

R4I05 or R4105

third times the charm... it was underneath an inch of black nasty :/

Comment

Thanks, that clearly identifies it and it's line sequence, approximate build date, and to some degree it's configuration since ongoing changes were made to the Cars, not necessarily year model changes.

This Car will need a very lot of expensive and hard to find interior pieces that look beyond saving, a full restoration, Paint, an Engine and I guess a Trans. so I don't see it going over $3000.00 probably less.
                      Last edited by StudeRich; 12-07-2011, 03:05 PM.
                      StudeRich
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

went to Mr. Johnstone's avanti registry. http://www.studebaker-info.org/avantix4.html

nothing on your car there. but the info may help you as the time your avanti was built was the "transition" time between 63 & 64...

here's another site to check out: http://www.aoai.org/forums/

as far as what your avanti is worth, i think "sweetolbob"s post is right on. would help to clean it up and throw it on ebay with a low starting price and a reserve you can live with, if that's your plan...
                        Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

thank you all so much for the help.

Comment

What's up with the 8000 RPM tach? Replacement?
                            edp/NC
                            \'63 Avanti
                            \'66 Commander

Comment

Originally posted by edpjr View Post
                              What's up with the 8000 RPM tach? Replacement?
                              Sure it is, you can see it does not match and has SW on the face, it was not made for Studebaker.
                              StudeRich
                              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                              X