Vintage on Vintage- '50 Champion and Retro McDonalds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage on Vintage- '50 Champion and Retro McDonalds

On the past IDYSD we stopped briefly at a new shopping center near Ranson, WV. The McDonald's there is done in retro style. Our chapter President, Murray Welsh, drove around to the McDonald's and took this picture. He photo shopped out the surrounding area and came up with this great shot.
    This McDonald's looks very much like the first one I ever saw (in about 1962). The big difference was then you walked up to the windows on the front, paid your $.15 for a hamburger and another $.15 for a Coke then walked away.
    Attached Files
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

I like it!
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

Neat photo. Thank you for posting.
      Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO

Comment

Real cool photo! Mike
        Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
        Fort Worth, TX

Comment

Love it. Here's something similar seen locally...my Lark and a superb "Vitamin C" Super Bee at the A&W drive-in in Caledonia ON a couple years back. (A&W was an old carhop style chain that has recently enjoyed a substantial resurgence in Canada; though sadly the carports, window trays and rollerskating carhops are long gone, the chain does trade on its history, and many A&Ws sponsor weekly cruise nights.)

Inside this particular A&W was this poster...cool!

And here's my Lark again in front of the iconic Easterbrooks hotdog stand in Aldershot. This isn't retro, it's original...started out as the Willow Cove post office in 1932, they soon began hawking hotdogs and have never stopped so doing. Walls and ceiling inside are covered with business cards of visitors through the years. Movie scenes have been filmed here. The hotdogs are still as good as ever too...

S.
          Last edited by Steve T; 12-07-2011, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Wow that is a cool shot. Someone needs to age the look of that photo with photoshop and then post it next to the clear new photo then it would look REALLY cool.

Comment

Paul's first photo (with the golden arches) appears to have some substantial photoshop work. Still, I like it!
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                Paul's first photo (with the golden arches) appears to have some substantial photoshop work. Still, I like it!
                Had Murray not photo shopped it you would have seen a bunch of townhouses and some modern businesses in the background.
                Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
                  Inside this particular A&W was this poster...cool!

S.
                  I have this very cut out in the man cave. You can usually find them at party supply stores minus the red background, at least this is where I found mine.

Since were showing some diner retro photoshop pics, I don't think Dusty or Brian would mind me showing their trucks off in front of the concession area that I photoshopped after the Springfield International.

61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X