Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Broadmoor emblems

Here's my latest project.

I had to buy several programs, casting equipment, and a CNC machine. So the cost per emblem is going to be $17,000 each.

Actually I've got a guy whittling them out of wood. But the price is still $17,000 each. You may get splinters while installing.
    Last edited by mbstude; 12-06-2011, 04:51 PM.

I'll take FOUR if that is just a sticky 0 key on your computer, you really meant $17.00 right Matt ol buddy?

Brass is good, it should Nickel, Copper Chrome plate nicely.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 12-06-2011, 05:29 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

How much for them really Matt?

Comment

In all seriousness, StudeMichael sent me some pieces of an original emblem. I sent them to Jim McCuan, who already has the computer programs and shop equipment to make these.

So far he's gotten as for as what you see; digitizing the part. The price of an emblem won't be known until he finishes a couple and adds up his time, materials, etc. In my case, I have no emblems and have tried every source I can find; there's simply no Broadmoor scripts to be had. Since that's the case, price doesn't really matter. I just want a pair of the stupid things.

Betcha that as soon as Jim makes a few, a whole box of NOS ones will be found.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
          .....Betcha that as soon as Jim makes a few, a whole box of NOS ones will be found.
          Hey...that's what usually happens to the rest of us...so, welcome to the club!

The other side of that is that as soon as you go through all the trouble of making the new ones...I'll stumble across my box of NOS emblems. By then, all four of the known wagons will have resupplied and I'll be stuck with them.
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Had we known!
            We could have scoured the tables at Reedsville. Probably not there but, you never know what's not there if you're not looking for it.
            Have you checked with Tom Karkiewicz?
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Even after these are made, I'd still gladly buy a NOS pair.

Brad, I've not tried Tommy K. I thought most of his stuff was well used. Worth a call, though.

Comment

I have been looking for a pair for about 4 years. The only ones you find are broken or on a wagon being parted that will most likely break if you can get the person to remove them. What I can't figure out is why there are emblems for the other 1957 Studebaker Wagons but not the Broadmoor.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
                  I have been looking for a pair for about 4 years. The only ones you find are broken or on a wagon being parted that will most likely break if you can get the person to remove them. What I can't figure out is why there are emblems for the other 1957 Studebaker Wagons but not the Broadmoor.

You are not the lonesome stranger...there are no '57 Parkview, Pelham or Provincial Nameplates either.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Matt You are rite; they are tuff to find. Just about as tuff as Conestoga. Here are a few that I found

Live your dreams!

Comment

I suppose I need to dig through my stock...

Comment

Working...
                      X