Windshield washer bag???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: Windshield washer bag???

Can anyone straighten me out on how the washer bag hangs off the battery on my 62 GT Hawk?? I purchased the battery hold down and the bracket and cannot figure how the two go together.
    Old age sucks.
    Thanks.
    Joe

Old age sucks.

Nah, it beats the alternative all hollow.

Comment

Hi Joe, I'm not familiar with the Hawk, my Lark has a plastic bottle. When I was looking for a routing for the squiter hoses I googled studebaker and got lots of pictures of engine wells so I could see where everything was supposed to go. Hope this helps. Just remember, getting old is not for sissys!

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by JoeC View Post
        Can anyone straighten me out on how the washer bag hangs off the battery on my 62 GT Hawk?? I purchased the battery hold down and the bracket and cannot figure how the two go together.
        Old age sucks.
        Thanks.
        Joe
        Hi Joe,

If you don't get the info you seek here, try ordering a copy of the correct "Template & Installion Instructions" from the SDC collection here: http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com...rtemplates.htm

If that still doesn't answer your question, perhaps take a pic. of the bag and battery hold-down brackets you are working with and post here. There were different design bag & hold-down brackets used on different models & years ...perhaps you don't have the correct "matching" parts.

Good Luck!!!

Comment

Hi Joe. You need a U-shaped 1545092 hanger. It's $6.00 from Studebaker International. Its placed on top of the battery and held on under the battery hold down clamp. It runs through the channel on the washer bag bracket, and in turn holds the bracket to the side of the battery. Dan

Comment

Beats the plastic ties I used to hold mine there all summer.
            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Hi I have a 61 Hawk and am having the same problem. Could someone send me a picture of the washer bag setup on their car? Would greatly appreciate it. Thanks Steve sjensen@bak.rr.com

Comment

Hi pals,

On my 63 GT, the two hooks for the bag are solded directly on the battery hold. I don't know if it is original, but it does seem a good solution too.

Nice day to all
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X