What a gust of wind did to my Lark this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a gust of wind did to my Lark this morning

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Did you get that carport cheap ? (sorry coundn't resist it) ;-)
    (Just realised my Aussie humour might have come across as a bit cutting. Hope the car hasn't too much damage).
    Last edited by Aussie Hawk; 12-04-2011, 01:09 PM.
    Matt
    Brisbane
    Australia
    sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Ouch! Might not be too bad, though....'looks like the headliner might be coming out for some metal work to that RR corner, however. 'Sorry to see that; hot beans, as opposed to cool ones.) BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hope that isn't a convertible !
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I hope that the carport roof is aluminum and light. Maybe you just got some scratched paint. Sorry for your troubles.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Ow, I hate that! Especially when it happened to a Lark Hope the damage isn't too bad.
            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
            Romans 15:13
            Deuteronomy 31:6
            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Sorry to hear about that, Bob.
              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Looking at where the aluminum roof is bent between the 3rd and 4th rib, it appears that it gave upon the impact and hopefully not your car.

Craig

Comment

Oh man.............not good.
                  --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

[QUOTE=clonelark;598948][/QUOTE.

As a retired California Building inspector I would say it is a little under built ,looks like things are over span with very little support, I think you are lucky it could have been a lot worse with the right hand side so called wall coming in and not out and ending up on the side of the car, maybe when you get your insurance it can be built with more support, I know California rules are a lot stiffer than most other states , good luck hope all ends up well.
                    Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

Bummer!!! Hope there is little, if any, damage to your car.
                      1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Sorry to see that, Bob... hope the damage is minimal.

That wind gust was probably caused by some rapidly deflating OU egos. <GG>
                        sigpic
                        Dave Lester

Comment

That would have fallen down if my cat scratched his back on one of them posts holding it up .

Comment

Man, that is too bad. I hope the damage is not too bad.
                            Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser
                            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post

As a retired California Building inspector I would say it is a little under built ,looks like things are over span with very little support, I think you are lucky it could have been a lot worse with the right hand side so called wall coming in and not out and ending up on the side of the car, maybe when you get your insurance it can be built with more support, I know California rules are a lot stiffer than most other states , good luck hope all ends up well.
                              A little play on words there, Bob? Good show! <GGG> BP
                              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X