1939 Coupe Express SCAM!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1939 Coupe Express SCAM!!!!

Looks like a really nice truck but only one picture. Having no reserve is unusual also.

Last edited by StudeMichael; 12-03-2011, 05:48 PM.

Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
    Looks like a really nice truck but only one picture. Having no reserve is unusual also.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...item4ab18f6ee5
    Some others should pop in if thats the truck I believe it is. I want to say this truck was listed before and the owner checked in here to let everyone know it was a scam. It could be a different truck but I would want to see this truck in person before any money actually changed hands. Steve
    sigpic

Comment

That one really scares me. No description to speak of and only 1 pic...really?

Anyone that owns a truck of that quality and beauty would usually know everything about it. What engine it has, trans, and any other pertinant info as well as lots of pics of their pride and joy....

I vote SCAM !!!!!

If anyone outside of the greater Los Angeles area is actually interest, and can get them to give you an address, I would be happy to go and lay hands on it and give it an inspection for you. I will not even charge you, just the joy of seeing it in person and knowing a good club member is getting would be worth it to me.
      That is a serious offer, not a wink wink nudge nudge joke.
      Let me know if I can help. I am only about an hour or so from Glendale Ca. I am always up for a little motorcycle putt like that.
      Last edited by kmac530; 12-03-2011, 05:11 PM. Reason: forgot

Comment

Here is the same truck. Same picture. But the seller is in FL. The EBAY ad says the seller is in CA. I say EBAY scam also.

Last edited by StudeMichael; 12-03-2011, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Yep...something very phishy about this one.
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

"That one really scares me. No description to speak of and only 1 pic...really?

Anyone that owns a truck of that quality and beauty would usually know everything about it. What engine it has, trans, and any other pertinant info as well as lots of pics of their pride and joy....

I vote SCAM !!!!!

If anyone outside of the greater Los Angeles area is actually interest, and can get them to give you an address, I would be happy to go and lay hands on it and give it an inspection for you. I will not even charge you, just the joy of seeing it in person and knowing a good club member is getting would be worth it to me.
            That is a serious offer, not a wink wink nudge nudge joke.
            Let me know if I can help. I am only about an hour or so from Glendale Ca. I am always up for a little motorcycle putt like that. "

I'm with kmac but then again it could be for real. I'm just a stone's throw away in Pasadena (what with this week's windstorm, half my yard is probably already there) and if he can't get over to look at it, I could instead.

Ken
            Last edited by spokejr; 12-03-2011, 05:27 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

It's a SCAM!!

Thanks for the inquiry,
              yes this is our car but I never put it up for auction on ebay. the seller info is not our info, I am notifying ebay that who ever claims the seller is not the seller.
              If you have questions, you can contact me

Ralf G. Bahr, Cell: 561.702.9700 or rgbahr@arnoldclassiccars.com
              Deerfield Beach, FL 33442

Comment

I had my EBay account hijacked a couple weeks back by some guy in Malaysia. Changed my passwords and mailing address but left the selling address and seller name as was. Fortunately, I tried logging in within a few minutes of the changes and contacted EBay immediately when my password failed to work. No new listings were added and nothing sold during the 2 days it took to get everything fixed. He didn't make it to my Paypal account but he did change the payments to go to his Paypal so had anything sold he would have gotten the money. I'm always very careful to only use my links to go to any password protected account and never go there from an email link. Beware
                Jim
                Often in error, never in doubt
                http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

His 100% rating includes 2 seller ratings in 1 year, lots of buying. I'd be be very leery.

Comment

Thanks for the update Michael.
                    I must admit I am a bit bummed because I was hoping to get a test drive in the deal....
                    now where is that bummed face icon thingy

Comment

Working...
                    X