Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebaker Graveyard, 1970's? South Bend area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Graveyard, 1970's? South Bend area?

My brother, Gene, also a SDC member, sent me these pictures with no explanation. They were near S.B., I expect, and were taken by my older brother Fred and found after he died in March of this year.
    As you can see most were 1959 thru 1964 and also included seneral trucks and maybe a P'hawk.
    I'm sure several of you will recall this graveyard and it's location. I have no idea and I had lived in the S.B. area until 1977 and have had an interest in Studebakers that goes back to the 50's.
    Anyway, enjoy. There should be no problem finding the Studebakers in these pictures

Dick Lee

Dick
    Mountain Home, AR
    http://www.livingintheozarks.com/studebaker2.htm

Bet that was Tom Karcawick's
    yard !
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by 50starlite View Post

My brother, Gene, also a SDC member, sent me these pictures with no explanation. They were near S.B., I expect, and were taken by my older brother Fred and found after he died in March of this year.
      As you can see most were 1959 thru 1964 and also included seneral trucks and maybe a P'hawk.
      I'm sure several of you will recall this graveyard and it's location. I have no idea and I had lived in the S.B. area until 1977 and have had an interest in Studebakers that goes back to the 50's.
      Anyway, enjoy. There should be no problem finding the Studebakers in these pictures

Dick Lee
      I'm just guessing, but by the looks of those pics., your brother Curtis (Fred) was at Tommy K's place on the south side of South Bend. Tom sold the vast majority of those Stude's last year for scrap metal, but he first harvested parts from them and some of those parts are still available today to us in the Studebaker community.

Comment

That's Mulberry Rd South bend In. Do a google search 41 degree 35'05.34 N 86 degree 18'56.10 W and you can see whats left.

Comment

I was at Tom's place about 6 years ago,but musta been something to see it before it was all grown in (like in those pics)
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by studerex View Post
            That's Mulberry Rd South bend In. Do a google search 41 degree 35'05.34 N 86 degree 18'56.10 W and you can see whats left.
            not too familiar with google search with coordinates... care to provide a link?
            1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

I was there once...it was as close to being in "Studebaker Heaven" as I have ever been.
              Lou Van Anne
              62 Champ
              64 R2 GT Hawk
              79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by cultural infidel View Post
                ... care to provide a link?
                Google maps for 62503 Mulberry Rd., South Bend, IN 46614. Then select satellite image.
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by cultural infidel View Post
                  not too familiar with google search with coordinates... care to provide a link?
                  Cultural Infidel,

Not that it matters to the vast majority, since we know the address, but in order to Copy/Paste coordinates the propper format for
                  Google maps or Mapquest must be used..The coordinates read like this N 41 35'05.34 W 86 18'56.10 there are other numerical formats that are acceptable, but I won't bore or confuse you with those. Highlight, then right click, copy the bold coordinates, and enter them, (paste) in the address area of Google maps. Presto

N41.58606 W86.31211 (another acceptable format) gets you to the driveway. The bold coordinates put you right on the house.
                  61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Thanks fellas!
                    1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Yet another Studebaker "graveyard" around South Bend (December 6, 2011)

Comment

Working...
                      X