Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That's it! Put that Stude Out In The Street!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's it! Put that Stude Out In The Street!!!!

They say behind every man is a good woman. Somehow I think a woman was behind this also:

Must not have met Reserve. Was recently on the 'Bay and discussed here (I think).
    KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

That looks like a pretty solid convertible, judging by the picture of the trunk. It must have been stored inside for a long time. I hope that it doesn't get literally shoved off to the curb, it deserves a better fate. A weakness of the ad is that I only saw one picture of the engine. It was a picture of the bottom of the oil pan.
      John
      1950 Champion
      W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
      Holdrege NE

Comment

Considering they're asking $9900 for it, it should be safe. Probably a good way to display the vehicle and all associated stuff that goes with it.
        John Clements
        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Great car if that is what you have been looking for!
          Good Roads
          Brian
          Brian Woods
          woodysrods@shaw.ca
          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

The car had been brought to the Northeast Zone Meet this fall and offered for a lot more money, no takers then. It did appear to be a solid car and a good starting point if you want a bullet-nose convertible. At least, you don't need to spend time and money fighting rust, though there is plenty of work to do.
            Gary Ash
            Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
            ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
            '48 M5
            '65 Wagonaire Commander
            '63 Wagonaire Standard
            web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
              They say behind every man is a good woman. Somehow I think a woman was behind this also:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...item2eb9a59b5e
              Smile when you say that: Alyssa, Anne Goodman and a couple of other women here on the SDC Forum are hardcore Stude owners.
              --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Originally posted by 1962larksedan View Post
                Smile when you say that: Alyssa, Anne Goodman and a couple of other women here on the SDC Forum are hardcore Stude owners.
                Yes, and worth their wieght in gold too! You know, it was my mother who used to call (even new) Studebakers Studee-clunkers.
                Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally posted by garyash View Post
                  The car had been brought to the Northeast Zone Meet this fall and offered for a lot more money, no takers then. It did appear to be a solid car and a good starting point if you want a bullet-nose convertible. At least, you don't need to spend time and money fighting rust, though there is plenty of work to do.
                  I think they were asking $25k for it at the zone meet.
                  Chip
                  '63 Cruiser
                  '57 Packard wagon
                  '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                  '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Where does it say that the car was "put out in the street"? It looks like a deserted parking lot to me. Kudos to the guy for actually taking the time to drag the car outside.

Comment

Originally posted by studeclunker View Post
                      You know, it was my mother who used to call (even new) Studebakers Studee-clunkers
                      So that is how you came up with your forum name? Pretty neat.
                      Paul
                      Winston-Salem, NC
                      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                      Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

LOL! When I saw the thread title I wondered if a woman has ever said that. Of course, if she said it to me- about anything- she'd be the one finding herself in the street. Lot easier to find a replacement woman than a solid bulletnose convertible Personally, I refused to settle and therefore I have a woman that would never think of telling me something like that. I suppose it happens, though.

Anyway, based on what I saw in the ad, the BIN isn't that far out of line. That is, depending on actual condition and parts inventory/condition. The beauty of the BIN is it's highly unlikely anyone will click it, especially this time of year. If I was a serious buyer I'd take the chance that it likely won't meet reserve, then make an appointment to see it in person, ready to make a decent cash offer on the spot.

I'm going to guess it will be bid to about $5500, not meet reserve, and can be bought for about 70 crisp hundred-dollar bills...
                        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                        Romans 15:13
                        Deuteronomy 31:6
                        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I have a similar 52 2 door hard top that came with 51 front fenders and a 50 bullet center piece complete 50 dash too that I paid seven for.
                          Condition was similar though mine had allmost no rust.

So I guess I'm saying I don't think its too far off at that price.

But I'm kinda partial to the bullet noses.

Dean

Comment

Working...
                          X