Aluminum Space Savers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum Space Savers

Does anyone know of a light weight "Aluminum" Space saver with 5 on 4 1/2" bolt pattern.
    I have one from Ford, but it is post 92 and has a small metric bolt pattern.
    15" or 16" preferred.
    Please help if you can.
    Thanks
    Brian
    Brian Woods
    woodysrods@shaw.ca
    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

I think some 2005 and newer mustangs have aluminum spares but they are 17" and have an offset more like a front wheel drive car. I think there's some pre 2005's on ebay that are 18" but they have no tire.

I was looking on ebay and a rim showed up for a 1994-95 Mustang and it says it's aluminum. It looks like there's grooves in it from machining so it must be. But the description says steel wheel. Typo I guess.

It says it's a 15 x 4. I think they have a 4.5 pattern.

Maybe you could find a 1994-95 Mustang in a junkyard. Maybe this'll help but I'm not 100% sure.

Here's the listing if you want to see.....
    Last edited by Bordeaux Daytona; 11-30-2011, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Daytona View Post
      I think some 2005 and newer mustangs have aluminum spares but they are 17" and have an offset more like a front wheel drive car.[/url]
      A close friend has an '08 Bullitt edition Mustang...it came with a can of fix-a-flat instead of a spare tire. Apparently Ford did that with all of them...no run flat tires and no spare...just the can of fix-a-flat.
      Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
        A close friend has an '08 Bullitt edition Mustang...it came with a can of fix-a-flat instead of a spare tire. Apparently Ford did that with all of them...no run flat tires and no spare...just the can of fix-a-flat.
        Yeah, I was reading about that. I think they said it was because of the larger brakes on the Bullitts. I read that new V6 Mustangs must come that way too. People were saying it'll ruin the tire pressure sensor inside. The Focus 2dr from a couple of years back had setup that too. A small compressor and a canister of slime.
        Last edited by Bordeaux Daytona; 11-30-2011, 08:25 PM.

Comment

I have one of the Ford Aluminum spares from a 93 Lincoln (same as Mustang) Yes it has wild offset and the bolt pattern is NOT 5 on 4 1/2".
          Even Steel Wheel would be considered.
          Thanks
          Brian
          Brian Woods
          woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
            I have one of the Ford Aluminum spares from a 93 Lincoln (same as Mustang) Yes it has wild offset and the bolt pattern is NOT 5 on 4 1/2".
            Even Steel Wheel would be considered.
            Thanks
            Brian
            If that spare is from a Mark VIII then it's not the same as a Mustang. It's a totally different platform, more like a 89-97 T-bird. They have an offset like a front wheel drive car. I seen them with Taurus wheels on them before. Something like a 4.25" bolt circle.
            A town car would have a 4.5 circle but I've never seen them in aluminum. Or a crown or grand marquis. Those might be a 16 or 17". I can't remember but after a certain year they changed the offset on those too.
            Last edited by Bordeaux Daytona; 12-01-2011, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Not so worried about the offset or the size. Just the bolt pattern and the weight?
              Good Roads
              Brian
              Brian Woods
              woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

I have a spare from an '05 Mustang GT - 5x4.5" bolt circle aluminum rim. I bought it for an Avanti spare but the 5 or 5.5" offset won't allow the tire cover to set down. These rims are not cheap at wrecking yards. I paid $120cdn for this rim and would love to sell it, but shipping to BC would be prohibitive.

Comment

This?:

Scott Rodgers
                  Los Angeles
                  SDC Member since 1989
                  \'60 Lark HT
                  \'63 Wagonaire
                  \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

Thanks
                    I will check them out tomorrow.
                    Brian
                    Brian Woods
                    woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

'63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                      Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                      http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                      I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Working...
                      X