PDA

View Full Version : 1954 Studebaker C/K Back Glass

Schraders
11-30-2011, 10:25 AM
I have an extra original back glass that came with a '54 I just acquired. It's Solex (tinted) and in great shape overall. It is used, so not flawless, but it's very nice and totally usable. Also, it will fit exactly as it's supposed to unlike a reproduction.

I would like to get $250 for it, make me an offer if that's out of line. I can crate it for another $50 if you need it shipped or you are welcome to come get it at my shop in the Los Angeles area. Thanks!

fargoguy
11-30-2011, 07:10 PM
Isn't the back glass different depending on whether it's a C or a K Body?

sweetolbob
11-30-2011, 07:59 PM
I have an extra original back glass that came with a '54 I just acquired. It's Solex (tinted) and in great shape overall. It is used, so not flawless, but it's very nice and totally usable. Also, it will fit exactly as it's supposed to unlike a reproduction.

I would like to get $250 for it, make me an offer if that's out of line. I can crate it for another $50 if you need it shipped or you are welcome to come get it at my shop in the Los Angeles area. Thanks!

Champ parts quotes $325 for new tinted C/K back glass. FYI

Bob

kurtruk
11-30-2011, 11:09 PM
Isn't the back glass different depending on whether it's a C or a K Body?

NOPE. Same same. :)

Schraders
12-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Champ parts quotes $325 for new tinted C/K back glass. FYI

Bob

The lowest price I found was $385 plus crating & shipping, but I'm open to offers. I'd rather see this in an actual car than ending up broken in my shop. Anyone need it? Make me an offer!

TX Rebel
12-01-2011, 11:02 AM
I usually get about that for tinted if perfect, but if it has any scratches, you will not get anywhere close to that.
I have never heard of any reproduction fit issues.