63 Wagonaire available near Sacramento

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 Wagonaire available near Sacramento

This is not mine, I am buying some parts from this fellow and can look at the car on Saturday if anyone is interested. He also has a 289 and automatic from a 62 Hawk for sale. The engine turns freely but he has not run it.

Pat
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

I wonder if that red primer is hiding problem areas?

Comment

Originally posted by 4jc8z View Post
      I wonder if that red primer is hiding problem areas?
      The old magnet on a string should tell you that.

Comment

Is that red primer or is it just really faded paint?
        Dave Nevin
        Corvallis, OR
        1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
        Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

I will find out this week-end. His ad states there is no rust.

Pat
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA

Comment

I looked at this car today while picking up a complete power steering set up from the owner. It is very clean, interior is quite nice, it has nice chrome smoothies and baby moons with good tires. the body is primered over the original yellow paint. I could not see any obvious rust or recent body repairs. He has it on EBAY now and his reserve of $4000 has been met so it will sell. I would say it is a good deal for someone who wants a very drivable Studebaker that you could continue to improve with some finish body work and paint.

Pat
            Pat Dilling
            Olivehurst, CA

Comment

I see from the eBay ad that it was actually Champagne Gold originally. The cheapo seat covers don't look great but as you say they are in good shape.

I wish they would have forgone the rattle-can primer job. It probably looked better before. But the real shame is the rattle-can painting of that fragile headliner

It's got a lot to offer for the money thanks to the mechanical work. It's just a case of a lot of cosmetic work for nothing since it will all have to be undone and corrected. It happens.
              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
              Romans 15:13
              Deuteronomy 31:6
              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

It'll take a bit of money to undo what's been done. Body looks solid though.
                Bish
                sigpic"Somewhere West of Newport Center"
                1956 2E12 O/D SOLD!
                1959 4E2 4spd, TT
                1963 8E28 GSA order
                1963 8E5 SOLD!
                1963 Lark Daytona Wagonaire 289,O/D, TT

Comment

Working...
                X