NOS Interior Material Needed-1963 Daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOS Interior Material Needed-1963 Daytona

I am in the process of disassembling my 63 Lark Daytona convertible to do a frame off and make it a clone R2 Superlark. This car is serial #63V23199. The interior color is 958 Red vinyl, and the carpet is red(maroon). I have an NOS rear carpet, and I have the bucket seats. Here is my dilemma. The rear seat is like new, so I would like to just do the bucket seats and console with NOS material to match. Also, I would like to do the front carpet with NOS carpet to match my rear. I was in touch with Mark Grafton and he told me he had it all on rolls. This was 2 years ago, but after 20 emails and 20 phone calls and no response, I am looking elsewhere.
    Can anyone guide me to where I can get the above carpet and vinyl? Thanks for your help in advance, as the people on this forum have helped me a ton before!
    Please email or let me a private message
    THANKS AGAIN!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 00RACER; 11-30-2011, 03:26 PM. Reason: changed title

Changed title---please help!

Comment

Did you try Colorado couple that bought all the old SASCO upholstry? Also there is SMS in Portland OR. They have alot of old upholstry.

Mark

Comment

Do you have an email or phone number for the colorado couple? I am aware of SMS, but I am checking all avenues.
        THANKS

Comment

Here's the "Colorado couple" who bought all the NOS Studebaker upholstery from Ed Reynolds when he bought out SASCO:

Will and Lori Sander (not Sanders) of Nunn, Colorado. Their e-mail addy is:

starlightstude@att.net

They are up and running, selling NOS Studebaker material but please remember: As SDCers, they are both relatively-young, full-time school teachers.

So they don't have full time days to devote to sorting Studebaker upholstery material and answering e-mails in 10 minutes, so be patient.

They are the nicest people imaginable; I know them personally and spent most of an afternoon at their place in Nunn after the Cedar Rapids SDC International Meet in July 2009. They have all the upholstery stored indoors; it was several 53-foot semi-trailer loads. It is being sorted and gradually made available.

They have the space, wherewithal, and inclination to make this material available to the Studebaker hobby for some time, but they can't do it overnight under the present circumstances. Kapeche? (Is that how you spell it?) BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Kapeche? (Is that how you spell it?) BP
            Methinks it's, "Capiche?," but speelcheeker doesn't like that spelling, either. <G>
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
              Methinks it's, "Capiche?," but speelcheeker doesn't like that spelling, either. <G>
              You got me, Dave. How about Capeche? BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                You got me, Dave. How about Capeche? BP
                No comprende. <G>
                sigpic
                Dave Lester

Comment

Brad Johnson,
                  SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Capisce is the formal spelling of the word.

A man after my own heart, Brad, after several other amateur interests, I enjoy studying word sources, etemology.

Comment

FWIW....I now have several years and many a butt down on NOS materials covering my seats from Phantom (not Rene) out of Ohio. I can confirm that both the vinyl and the cloth has held up well with useage....

Comment

[/QUOTE] I enjoy studying word sources, etemology.[/QUOTE]

Redundant?
                        Evan Davis
                        Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Working...
                        X