Painting cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint: Painting cars

1 have a 53 -54 champion sedan and i am looking for any information that can tell me what this car was like when it was new. I would like to know if they have any numbers or codes on the car anywere. I am getting it painted in a couple of weeks so i i would love it if anyone could tell me any thing that might could help me at all. That way i can paint the car and make the interior of the car as origanall as i can. So i thank anyone that can help or give any information,or tell me were i can find any information on the car. Thank you .

There's a metal tag on the firewall, passenger side. It has model number and body number. If you are really lucky there may be a paper tag left on the bottom of the glove box liner with the paint code. If not, not to worry. With the model and body number you can get the original production order for your car from the Studebaker Museum for a small price ($40?). The engine serial number will be stamped on a machined surface of the engine and you could then match it to the PO to see if that, too, is original. I just brought a 55 back to original with the same info. Nice car! I think a 53 will have a straight casting for your front signal lights and a 54 will have an egg-crate type grill.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
      With the model and body number you can get the original production order for your car from the Studebaker Museum for a small price ($40?).
      Wait- what? When I ordered my POs I used the car's serial number.
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I just bought a lovely 52 Champion that was manufactured in Hamilton, ON. Thought I'd pass along that the Studebaker Museum only has production orders from 1960 - 1966 on Canadian Production.

Comment

Working...
        X