Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What ! Another 1941 Packard PIc ? ( oldie ) .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What ! Another 1941 Packard PIc ? ( oldie ) .

I suppose .............

Looks like a custom body ?
    Klif
    55 Speedster/Street Machine
    63 Avanti R2
    64 Convertible R1

Comment

I believe that to be a factory " Woody " Packard . . . But not 100% sure . Only a Packard expert would know . ( if there are any here ) >wink < . . . . .

Comment

Here's some Packard hearses I saw at a car show in 2010. All are still in use, though not everyday.

Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

The Packard in the first is a 1941 and I think it is a120. That is custom built body maybe constructed by Hercules or by Henney. Packard didn't produce a wagon until 1948.

John S.

Comment

Whenever I encounter a Packard at a show, I generally stop, genuflect and then move on! They are such great, stately looking cars. My dream Packard would be a 1948 or so Packard limo, for everyday use.
            1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by FlatheadGeo View Post
              Whenever I encounter a Packard at a show, I generally stop, genuflect and then move on! They are such great, stately looking cars. My dream Packard would be a 1948 or so Packard limo, for everyday use.
              During the early fifties my uncle owned a "tour" business in Colorado Springs, hauling customers up Pikes Peak and to other destinations. I spent a summer there, and often hitched rides when there was a vacant seat. All of his cars were Packard or Caddy 8 or 9 passenger limos, mostly late 30s vintage. I rode many miles in them, and can't recall a single break down, however we passed many, many newer Fords, Chevys and Plymouths spewing steam, cracked blocks, and parked alongside the road with brakes or clutches completely gone. Some of those old Packards and Caddys must have done Pikes Peak a thousand times.

Comment

What a wagon! That would be fun to cruise around in.
                Joe Roberts
                '61 R1 Champ
                '65 Cruiser
                Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Some information on the Packard Station Wagon. . The car today is in a private museum in Long Island New York. The first owner of the Packard wagon was Mr. Charles Thomas who at the time the car was built lived in Los Angeles. A new Packard Super-8 One Sixty convertible with a 127 inch wheel base was chosen for the Standard Carriage Works of Los Angeles to build the three door Packard wagon.

Standard Carriage Works was founded in 1895 and built horse drawn wagons and delivery vehicles. During the transition to the automobile age they became Los Angeles best know commercial body builder going out of business in 1985.

John S.

Comment

Working...
                  X