Turkey, It Can Hurt You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkey, It Can Hurt You

Spent the day yesterday running up and down my portable stairs gizmo out in the shop..
    Cutting boards to fill the rafter gap(s) in the upper ceiling to keep the wind and cold out.
    Fitted each piece, and used the nail gun to fasten the boards.
    Measure.....cut....nail.... About a hundred times.. Sixteen+ feet up..
    Oh, re-cut, re-measure on more than a few due to twisted rafters.
    (Tend to be way too precise working with wood)
    Then seal it all up with Foam-O-Fill...Until the foam ran out 3/4 of the way through.
    Run into the house...Clean up... Friends and family arrive...
    Gorgeous Thanksgiving supper.. MMMMmmmmm..
    Nice quiet evening, thanks to triptofan and exhaustion..
    Then, to add to it...
    It cooled way off last night, and we had a little frost on the ground this morning.
    I am one sore puppy.
    My hands, shoulders, feet, and lower back are killing me this morning... Cold and age are setting in.
    I'm blaming the turkey...
    Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 11-25-2011, 06:23 AM. Reason: Too add more whine...
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Jeff,

You must be gittin' to old for that much "activity"....As Clint Eastwood would say...."A man has got to know his limitations".. wink,wink.

Dan Miller
    Auburn, GA

Comment

If most folks loved turkey the way I do...most turkeys would die from old age and not end up on a dinner plate. I had a great thanksgiving meal. I am proud to say no turkey was involved. I am thankful that the pilgrims managed to shoot one of those before shooting a buzzard. That is about the only meat I could imagine would be worse. I will eat turkey as long as there is enough other stuff, spices, etc. piled on to hide the taste of the turkey.

You can blame the turkey if you want to Jeff. But I suspect you'd be sore after all that activity no matter what you ate. I'm not sure if you are complaining or using that tale as an excuse for a little back door bragging. Regardless, sounds like you got something worthwhile accomplished, and had a ton of fun. The next morning soreness is just a little humble pie to let you know "real life" has a cost. At least you had some turkey to blame it on!
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

My Dad once told me "Gettin' old ain't for the faint of heart!!" Toughen up Buttercup!!

Luckily, here in Michigan, with a heavy Polish influence in this area Thanksgiving is 1/2-Turkey 1/2-Kielbasa at La Maison SOB UUUmmmm!! Kielbasa.

Bob

Comment

Back door bragging.. Yeah, that'll work...
          Story of my life... Humble pie, with Cool Whip!
          Jeff

Originally posted by jclary View Post
          <snip>You can blame the turkey if you want to Jeff. But I suspect you'd be sore after all that activity no matter what you ate. I'm not sure if you are complaining or using that tale as an excuse for a little back door bragging. Regardless, sounds like you got something worthwhile accomplished, and had a ton of fun. The next morning soreness is just a little humble pie to let you know "real life" has a cost. At least you had some turkey to blame it on!
          Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 11-25-2011, 07:43 AM.
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
            Back door bragging.. Yeah, that'll work...
            Story of my life... Humble pie, with Cool Whip!
            Jeff
            Wondered why youdidn,t. Show up in Daytona!
            Neil Thornton

Comment

Working...
            X