Marks Motors - Portland, OR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marks Motors - Portland, OR

I am looking for a picture of Marks Motors Studebaker, 1706 E. Burnside Street, Portland, OR The building still exists - for years in was a tire dealer and the last few years it has been a restaurant. We were going to have a Chapter tour next year and that was going to be our destination. My mother bought a new '61 Hawk there in August 1961, and I used to hang out there a lot. I remember it very well but a picture from the past would be fun to contrast with the present.

Thanks, Jerry Blount

Have you checked with Portland's historical society? That's usually a good place to start.
    KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Here you go:

It takes a minute for the picture to load on the right hand side.

The name of the restaurant is, "Fire on the Mountain" and they have burgers and Buffalo wings.
      Last edited by StudeMichael; 11-23-2011, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Uh, He was looking for a picture from the past (when it was a Studebaker dealership).
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Thank you for the interest. If you look at the current restaurant, you can see where an overhead door was on 17th street (to the right) There also was an overhead door facing Burnside Street (left) but there is no evidence of that any more. The body shop was at the farthest to the left in the building. One can see the show room windows - except there are no new Studebakers there! I was thinking about the Oregon Historical Society - I just wanted to see if a picture was out there - with a minimum of effort on my part!

Comment

Working...
          X