Hawk Convertible Photos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk Convertible Photos?

Does anybody have any Studebaker Hawk Convertible photos for a paper model--please make them large. Also an Avanti Convertible would be appreciated. I need reference photos...
    Last edited by texbodemer; 11-23-2011, 01:25 PM.
    \"Life is short, write in pen\"

What year Avanti? There's late '80s and the 2001-2007. I have an '02 Avanti convertible.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

The late 80s, if possible, and/or the 2001-07

Comment

Here's pics of my '02 convertible...

Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Packard Hawk Convertible

Here are some photos of the Packard Hawk Convertible at the Dayton Packard museum (which is well worth a long visit. Great cars, nice people and they don't mind if you respectfully touch the cars). Click on photos for a larger image. I have more shots if needed.
          Attached Files
          63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Could you post your other shots as well; also do you have a photo of a Packard dealer sign?

Comment

Gunslinger is that based on a f-body?

Comment

Originally posted by raidmagic View Post
                Yes it is.

Comment

Here are some more

More Packard Hawk photos. Note it does have operating windows, I believe there was some question about that in an earlier thread.
                  Attached Files
                  63 Avanti R1 2788
                  1914 Stutz Bearcat
                  (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post
                    Here are some photos of the Packard Hawk Convertible at the Dayton Packard museum (which is well worth a long visit. Great cars, nice people and they don't mind if you respectfully touch the cars). Click on photos for a larger image. I have more shots if needed.
                    That is really sharp looking. It could do without the raised letter tires and have white stripe tires in place of them.

Comment

More Packard Hawk photos. Note it does have operating windows, I believe there was some question about that in an earlier thread.
                      I wonder how structurally stiff the car is...with no roof it must be quite "rubbery".

Comment

Originally posted by raidmagic View Post
                        The dash board is usually the give away. Too bad they didn't have the money to make an modern version of the iconic Avanti dash.
                        For what they were charging for the car they could have done something to make it look less like a stock (i.e. cheap) Firebird...even it it was just paint or leather.).
                        63 Avanti R1 2788
                        1914 Stutz Bearcat
                        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Tex--

Here's the sign on the corner of the Citizens Motorcar Company Packard museum in Dayton. The museum is housed in the former Citizens Packard dealership and service building...

S.
                          Last edited by Steve T; 11-23-2011, 05:30 PM.

Comment

The dash board is usually the give away. Too bad they didn't have the money to make an modern version of the iconic Avanti dash.
                            For what they were charging for the car they could have done something to make it look less like a stock (i.e. cheap) Firebird...even it it was just paint or leather.).
                            I agree. It still looks too GM...not a slam on GM, but an Avanti should look like an Avanti...even in the interior. While not necessary to drive the car, having a vacuum/boost gauge is quintessentially Avanti and should be there as well.

The '02...as an automobile...is far superior to older Avantis of any previous generation. But one would expect so since it's built on a thoroughly modern platform in comparison to a modified 1953 Studebaker chassis. Automotive technology has progressed by orders of magnitude since then.

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                              X