PDA

View Full Version : 58 Packard Station Wagon rear license plate emblem

58PackardWagon
11-23-2011, 12:20 PM
I have a 58 Packard Station Wagon rear license plate emblem. I am thinking about selling it. Is there any interest? Part # 1327535 It goes in the rear license plate light housing above the license plate. It is gold, red, black and white. The part is NOS and looks very nice.

I sold one on ebay two years ago and it had a lot of interest. Do not know if the interest still exists or if the market is dry. Thank you

Jim B PEI
11-23-2011, 12:36 PM
Let the bidding wars begin. Unobtainium, I do believe, sort of on the level of NOS Superlark tachometers, or complete NOS R3 and R4 engines, with ALL the bits <g> Actually, this is the sort of thing that if a not NOS one (like yours?) could be found, that people with a similar lack would likely overcome any remaining CASO instincts and have a repro made up on a limited run. A similar sort of lack is found in the Kaiser-Frazer fraternity, where the 1951 Frazer fresnel taillight lens are impossible to find. Someone did a hand-done reproduction from a 99.5% perfect NOS lens with one tiny chip hidden by a screw--of course, it is not an exact replica functionally, but it will fool most. They are selling for $600.00 a pair--and selling out fast. For the plastic lens.

If you have the last good unused NOS one left in existence--and it is entirely possible--perhaps discussions should be started here and in Turning Wheels about interest in a replication of this part. Just saying.

Roscomacaw
11-23-2011, 01:28 PM
I agree with Jim. Of course, doing so will negate the astronomical bid potential of the last NOS one. It is yours after all.

A few years ago I lucked into a half dozen used - but great functioning Avanti window motors. I'm unashamed to say I paid $12 bucks apiece for them and they all sold for over a hundred on ebay. A couple sold for what the new repros go for, but this was before I or anyone else knew that repros were in the works.

StudeDave57
11-23-2011, 04:07 PM
If you have the last good unused NOS one left in existence--and it is entirely possible--perhaps discussions should be started here and in Turning Wheels about interest in a replication of this part. Just saying.
There ARE repros out there already!!! I don't have the link handy, but I found a place that is doing (did do?) them. I found it by accident while looking for something else last week. I didn't look too hard- I busy with something else- but it looked to me like they do limited runs or something...

just as soon as I can find the link again- I'll post it.

Jim B PEI
11-23-2011, 06:17 PM
This sounds like the same outfit as the 51 Frazer fresnel light lens job. Hope you find that link and can post it

kurtruk
11-24-2011, 12:30 AM
This place did the Packard wagon emblem...

http://emblemagic.com/packard.htm

StudeDave57
11-24-2011, 01:21 AM
just as soon as I can find the link again- I'll post it.

This place did the Packard wagon emblem...
http://emblemagic.com/packard.htm
Thanks- that's the one!!! I don't need to look for it now!!! ;)

StudeDave '57 :cool:

58PackardWagon
11-24-2011, 02:13 AM
I called emblemagic and they do not have them. They have yet to produce them, but are creating a list. If there is enough interest they will produce them but do not know when that will be.

58PackardWagon
11-25-2011, 05:14 PM
I put the post on three forums. Did not receive any wants or needs. I will put it on ebay and see if it sells

raoul5788
11-25-2011, 08:29 PM
I put the post on three forums. Did not receive any wants or needs. I will put it on ebay and see if it sells

Joe, I hope it does as well or better than the '57 emblem you sold a couple of years ago. The guy that bought that one was just a bit nuts, if you know what i mean! ;)