What does 523809 fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does 523809 fit?

I have a set of 4 NOS metal leaf spring covers part #523809 and can't find that part number in any of my chassis part catalog's?

Perhaps they are a special fleet or option item not normally listed in part catalog.

Anybody have an idea what they are for?
    Stude8

Thankyou for the comment but maybe my first explanation:

{I have a set of 4 NOS metal leaf spring covers part #523809 and can't find that part number in any of my chassis part catalog's?)

Wasn't clear,

I have a 5 drawer file cabinet of original chassis and body part catalogs covering years 1914 through 1966 and haven't found 523809 listed in any of the index pages.

What I suspected is since most of these catalogs are early original issue books that maybe a later updated version would include any new numbers not listed in earlier versions or typos corrected in later versions.

There is always the possibility the original Studebaker factory box labels had a typographic error and 523809 is not a real number in the system but since all four cartons have the same label that is unlikely.

So I hoped someone out there could identify the application before next week at South Bend. Stude8

Comment

Thankyou for the comment but maybe my first explanation:

{I have a set of 4 NOS metal leaf spring covers part #523809 and can't find that part number in any of my chassis part catalog's?)

Wasn't clear,

I have a 5 drawer file cabinet of original chassis and body part catalogs covering years 1914 through 1966 and haven't found 523809 listed in any of the index pages.

What I suspected is since most of these catalogs are early original issue books that maybe a later updated version would include any new numbers not listed in earlier versions or typos corrected in later versions.

There is always the possibility the original Studebaker factory box labels had a typographic error and 523809 is not a real number in the system but since all four cartons have the same label that is unlikely.

So I hoped someone out there could identify the application before next week at South Bend. Stude8

Comment

COVER, Rear Springs (for heavy duty springs) 14A to 17A 4 per car.

KURTRUK
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

COVER, Rear Springs (for heavy duty springs) 14A to 17A 4 per car.

KURTRUK
          KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
          X