Studebaker sighting in Fletcher, NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker sighting in Fletcher, NC

I have been up at my son and daughter-in-law's for a couple of days baby sitting with my one year old grandaughter. She and I went out to do a little shopping this morning and as I pulled into the Wal-Mart parking lot I spied a familiar shape. It was a red primered '65 Cruiser. This was at the Wal-Mart on Airport Road, just down from where Tri-State used to be held. We spent some time inside and the car was still there upon our return. Maybe it belongs to an employee. Anyone familiar with this car?

I didn't have my camera with me so no pictures.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Originally posted by 31Streetrod
    Sheeeeeeeesh!
    Bless you! You sneeze funny. Hope you're not coming down with a cold
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews
      I just got the new iPhone, the 4s. The 8 meg camera is amazing; does still and video both and has a flash. I suppose my other cameras will still see some use on occasion, but this one is as good or better, and it's always automatically with me. Now I just need to spot an unexpected Stude.....

Point is, I'm surprised at the number of folks that still don't carry a phone with a camera in it for, in part, just these occasions. Even the cheapo phones come with a camera now.

Hate to miss out on seeing the cars others have spotted...
      Gee Bob. I didn't post this to be chastised because I don't take pictures with my phone. Just thought it was ineresting to see this particular car. I doubt I could have taken a picture even if i used my phone for that with a 1 year old in my arms. Next time i'll keep the information to myself.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser

Comment

Have to forgive ol Bob.He never misses a chance to tell us about his latest and greatest technical acquisitions.
        Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Joe- no chastising from me! Just mentioning about cell phone cameras. Lots of people have them and don't remember they even have them. That was the whole point. If others want to twist it into something it's not, that's on them, but please don't try to make it into some kind of chastisement. There's always a couple people who look for chances to be snotty for no reason. No point in joining them.

I deleted the terribly offensive comment. You can keep it quoted or delete it from your post if you like, forever banishing it to Hades where it belonged.
          Last edited by Bob Andrews; 11-23-2011, 02:33 AM.
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Hey Joe...that is in forum member Ron Dame's back yard. I don't have his number, but perhaps he knows the car. Also, there was (is?) a North Carolina SDC member by the last name of Studebaker who lives in the area and has been active in the club. I can't recall his first name at the moment, but there are a few members in the area. Did you notice if the car had any club stickers? Could be an opportunity to do a little recruiting.
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

John, et al:

There are two Studebaker-named NC SDC members listed in the 2011 SDC Roster: Robert O. Studebaker III in Wilmington and S. R. Studebaker in Mountain Home.

If you figure out which one you need, I'll PM the appropriate phone number. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Steve Studebaker (S.R.?) lives in the Asheville area. Ron Dame frequents the forum and may respond to this thread. I didn't think that either of these folks has a Cruiser, but I may be wrong. It was great to see the shape of that Cruiser as I was going through the parking lot in my daugher-in-law's Pilot. It looked to be a daily driver, which is also refreshing.
                Joe Roberts
                '61 R1 Champ
                '65 Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                X