62 Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission / Overdrive: 62 Hawk

My Hawk is not shifting into the final gear. (automatic) The fluid is clean and clear. It is at its proper level. Any ideas of what this could be?

Be aware that trans STARTS in 2nd gear ,then shifts into 3rd when in "D" position. If you select "L" it will start in 1st, then you must move lever to "D" to get 2nd and 3rd. The 63&64 with Powershift had a different quadrant with "D" "2" "1" and would start in 1st in the "D" position. Earlier 2nd gear start had to do with "bean counters", later performance was the the word !! Lou Cote

Comment

I forgot to say the engine is really turning up in RPM's. The transmission is not shifting into the final gear! And I have shifted it manual from low to high and also into neutral and back in Drive. The transmission is not shifting!

Comment

Could be a stuck governor, stuck shift valve, or incorrectly adjusted throttle pressure rod. A shop manual will help you sort thru the trouble chart. Or the lip seals in the drum are hard as rocks allowing pressure to leak past. broken band or servo. So you see could be a number of fixes for no up shift. Lou Cote

Comment

Working...
        X