Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disappearing door;Wonder if anyone can adapt this to a Studebaker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappearing door;Wonder if anyone can adapt this to a Studebaker.

Driving a car with disappearing doors will definitely grab everyone's attention.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Yep, discussed here before: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...t=disappearing

Craig

Comment

I've seen this before too and I think it's a terrific design solution!! Surely the auto industry knows about it and the 'bean counters' are keeping it
      out of the mainstream production cars? This magical door is superior to what we have now although in the rare 'accident' involving one of these
      cars the emergency folk might not know how to open it if the power supply to same was shorted out....that might be a 'downside' to this invention.
      JimsLeadCommander

Comment

To be fully Studebaker, it should have a wind-up and down control, just like the antenna.

Okay, maybe a power operated system in reality, but still would be cool to have to wind a little crank handle to start it operating, like as a magneto to a relay. That would really be "different by design", but beware! People will come out of the woodwork to buttonhole you and say "My 'dad/uncle/grandfather/great aunt/high school teacher' had one with the same doors. Sure were ahead of their time, these Ramblers"

Comment

Neat idea, I am sure my wife could find a way to straddle a speed bump or small curb and have that thing open and bash up the bottom of the door. Not bad mouthing her at all...she just seems to have a knack for breaking or hurting cars in wierd ways at times.

Comment

Working...
          X