PDA

View Full Version : Title question

cookeville34
09-10-2006, 01:07 AM
Their used to be an ad that ran in Turning Wheels, I beleive from a company in Alabama that helped you get a title if you had a bill of sale. Does anyone know anything about them, good or bad or how to get in touch with them? I purchased a trailer (travel trailer) at an estate auction and although the auction company was supposed to provide a new title, well they haven't. So I was thinking I would use a title company, I mean I own it anyway.

klifton1
09-11-2006, 12:02 PM
Isn't there a ser # on the trailor that has to match the title.
Klif

55 Speedster
42 Champ Coupe

whacker
09-11-2006, 08:58 PM
What state are you in? Laws are very different from state to state. Here in Iowa, it is pretty easy to get a title on a trailer, all you need is proof of purchase - if it was homebuilt, you just need the receipts for the major parts. Other states it can be more difficult. Some states accept the titles from Broadway titles and others don't. It would be best for you to call the local DOT office and ask them. As long as you don't give them the impression you are trying to pull something shady, they will probably be glad to work with you.

KGlowacky
09-12-2006, 09:19 PM
I know many who have useed Broadway and they were happy. I agree with others to first check with the state you are in. Sometimes they will work with you. Broadway has a web site that gives a list of the states that will accept their paperwork.They also will take calls and answer questions. Good Luck.