Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1961 studebaker silver hawk tt barn find?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961 studebaker silver hawk tt barn find?????

Dig this barn find, TT emblem might be the only thing worth saving, sure not the sheet metal.

Item number: 330603098850
    Item location: fairhope, AL, United States

I tried to bring the auction over but this is all that I got.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
    Dig this barn find, TT emblem might be the only thing worth saving, sure not the sheet metal.

Item number: 330603098850
    Item location: fairhope, AL, United States

I tried to bring the auction over but this is all that I got.
    Bob Langer
    Glenshaw,PA

Comment

the TT emblem is corroded to death! I see some stainless trim that might be useable. Looke like 3 repairable wheel opening mldgs. Somebody could make about $100 on this if they got it for free and delivered for free!
      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

LOL! Love this point from the seller: "and it still has the ORIGINAL front wheels on it" ! WOW! How many times have you looked at a Stude and lamented - wouldn't that be one cool car if it had those elusive ORIGINAL front wheels on it!

Yeah - pop off the few pieces of stainless and save that "bar" that ties the front of the front fenders together and haul the rest to the scrapper while there's still something left to weigh.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Where do people come up with these buy nows? At least he says make offer. Too bad he doesn't include the actual weight.
          Last edited by 52-fan; 11-19-2011, 09:24 AM.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

We all hate to see another Studebaker disappear. BUT, I have to agree. Take off a couple of savable parts and send the rest of this poor thing to the crusher.
            Good Roads
            Brian
            Brian Woods
            woodysrods@shaw.ca
            1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

What are you guys talking about?
              I would GLADY give him $1450 for that !!!!
              Oh, what? You say it does not come with THAT trailer?
              UHHH, nevermind.
              Last edited by kmac530; 11-19-2011, 09:37 AM. Reason: spelling...again

Comment

Yeah - I'd bid on it, but he'd have to remove the Hawk first! As far as the car goes, I think it's just a matter of decimal placement. Just nudge it three places to the left, and....
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Oh c'mon guys, that'll buff right out. You just have to be careful not to apply too much pressure with the buffer. . .

Dave Nevin
                  Corvallis, OR
                  1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
                  Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

He says that it is a "true 1961 Silver Hawk". Since there is no such animal, it must be very rare, like one of none <G>.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Cut him some slack, Gary. It was probably a silver-painted Hawk when it left the factory! <GGG>

Comment

The brightwork trim was silver anyway....

Comment

just think what a few classic repair panels and a little weld time would do! You must think outside of the box...... have a vision.....pursue your dream car......Don't be afraid!

Comment

"We all hate to see another Studebaker disappear."

That one has been doing the vanishing act since long before the pictures.

Comment

Barn find? must have been a pretty leaky barn I guess.
                              The Blog: http://dutchstuderesto.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                              X