Label Identification on '66 Daytona ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Label Identification on '66 Daytona ?

Does anyone know what is the proper Label that would have been attached to the passenger side body panel inside the trunk in a 1966 Daytona? I have a label that has been painted over, and I am wondering what kind of info was listed on it.
    Last edited by Sketchy26; 11-18-2011, 07:39 AM.

Lots of times tire stores would stick the tire decal warranty info in the trunk...........

Comment

I don't remember, but I am thinking either jack usage or jack storage information.

There must be someone here that has/had an original 1966 that can check on this.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

It is definately a factory installed label. I can see the word Studebaker on it, not sure why my grandfather would have painted over it,...

Comment

I have owned six 1966 Daytonas over the years, some being original and have never seen a label in this location.

Comment

Why not send a private message to forum member Stu Chapman, after all he was Director of Marketing when those cars were built.
            John Clements
            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

I am not aware of anything the factory applied to the inside of the trunk. My '66 Commander was all original paint in that area and there was no sign of ever having a label or decal.

Chris.

Comment

Working...
              X