Meet the Muppets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet the Muppets

Saw this book this evening, sure looks like a 61 Lark to me!

Jeff DeWitt
    http://carolinastudes.net

That's cool! I hope this means there's another Studebaker in the new movie!

Comment

More like a 63 with the grill an the non-wrap around windshield. Now we gotta go see the movie!

Mark

Comment

Hood, windshield, grille mesh, parking light lenses all say 1963 to me.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

If they have a 63 Lark in the new movie I will have owned and driven both of the Muppet Mobiles! That's my claim to fame.

Jim
          \"Ahh, a bear in his natural habitat...a Studebaker!\"

51 Land Cruiser (Elsie)
          Jim Mann
          Victoria, B.C.
          Canada

Comment

Oo. Maybe I do need to see The Muppets!

(Hm. My Studeless SDC bud Garnet is a huge Muppets fan. If there's a 63 droptop in this new flick, he'll finally come around to wanting a Lark instead of a Hawk, I bet!)

S.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
              Oo. Maybe I do need to see The Muppets!

(Hm. My Studeless SDC bud Garnet is a huge Muppets fan. If there's a 63 droptop in this new flick, he'll finally come around to wanting a Lark instead of a Hawk, I bet!)

S.
              The Muppets have used driven Studebaker in the past, so who knows, maybe twenty years from now they will be driving a Hawk. Fozie Bear does have good taste in cars though, eh?

Comment

I am of course NO authority on year, make and models. But I a trying to get to know them so when a pic like this comes up, I usually go to bing images and try tp learn what the subtle differences are. From my research, I concur with the 1963 call. The '61s I looked at had a chrome eybrow over the headlights and rectangular mesh in the grill and the turnsignal lights under the headlights were clear looking. The '63 Had square mesh and amber TS lenses and no chrome eyebrows.

So I "think" it is a '63. I want to be like you guys someday on Studes. I am pretty good with Chevys and real good with VW Bugs up to '75 and decent on other GM and Ford stuff. I am picking up the Stude stuff though bit by bit. That GT thread really helped me figure that out, now If I can REMEMBER what I learn, that will help.

Comment

So I have not heard anyone ask,
                  But, Is someone here on the SDC a cartoon animater?
                  Could by chance a person involded in the Muppet Movie series be a fan and possibly an owner?

Comment

Kelly,

You'd be on the mark if you opined that alot of SDCers were animated cartoon characters.
                    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

"Characters" I agree with..LOL

Comment

I agree with the comments that the car is probably a 63, my first guess that it was a 61 was wrong.
                        Jeff DeWitt
                        http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

So did anyone get to see the new movie? Just wondering if there was a Studebaker in it.

Comment

Working...
                          X